Jumping ship.

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Epic, you've been a loyal friend, outside of Samsung sporadic updates, which resulted in me using other means of making you live up to your name. We've been down a bumpy road. You're reception was less than epic. I don't blame you, though. You will be my second sidekick, unfortunately you're being replaced by the HTC Evo 3D. I know I shouldn't do this to you, but your maker has a long history of making less than reliable devices, I have witnessed this first hand from a Digital camera that stopped working and in order to get it fixed I would have had to spend more than what I paid to get it fixed, to the Moment which was built with a GSM modem instead of a true CDMA modem. Like I said, I don't blame you, I blame your maker. Don't worry, you are still my little homie, I'll still install leaked updates on you, since your maker is being a jackass when it comes to timely releases.

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Epic, you've been a loyal friend, outside of Samsung sporadic updates, which resulted in me using other means of making live up to your name. We've been down a bumpy road. You're reception was less than epic. I don't blame you, though. You will be my second sidekick, unfortunately you're being replaced by the HTC Evo 3D. I know I shouldn't do this to you, but your maker has a long history of making less than reliable devices, I have witnessed this first hand from a Digital camera that stopped working and in order to get it fixed I would have had to spend more than what I paid to get it fixed, to the Moment which was built with a GSM modem instead of a true CDMA modem. Like I said, I don't blame you, I blame your maker. Don't worry, you are still my little homie, I'll still install leaked updates on you, since your maker is being a jackass when it comes to timely releases.

Since when did the Moment have a GSM modem? It's on Sprint so it's CDMA.

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Epic, you've been a loyal friend, outside of Samsung sporadic updates, which resulted in me using other means of making live up to your name. We've been down a bumpy road. You're reception was less than epic. I don't blame you, though. You will be my second sidekick, unfortunately you're being replaced by the HTC Evo 3D. I know I shouldn't do this to you, but your maker has a long history of making less than reliable devices, I have witnessed this first hand from a Digital camera that stopped working and in order to get it fixed I would have had to spend more than what I paid to get it fixed, to the Moment which was built with a GSM modem instead of a true CDMA modem. Like I said, I don't blame you, I blame your maker. Don't worry, you are still my little homie, I'll still install leaked updates on you, since your maker is being a jackass when it comes to timely releases.

not to be a dick or anything, but seriously, no one cares.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hey lrn2swim, I care.
I damn near started to cry and pour out some of my 40 in respect to his homie no longer being wiff him.
Just so were clear, i too gave up my EPIC homie for an EVO 3D. But i keep him as a back up in case my 3D gets taken out in a hail of gun fire.

blada4life

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
not to be a dick or anything, but seriously, no one cares.

not to be a dick or anything, but i kindve agree with the OP ... Samsung has seriously not only alienated their own customers, but have frustrated the Android user experience in general, possibly even pushing some away from the platform.

Balzak

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
not to be a dick or anything, but i kindve agree with the OP ... Samsung has seriously not only alienated their own customers, but have frustrated the Android user experience in general, possibly even pushing some away from the platform.
+1. Im done with Sammy

yakkoj

May 22, 2011
Visit site

On November 3, I will be purchasing a Motorola Photon 4G and ending the misery that is official Android firmware from Samsung Mobile. Of course, I realize this may be like leaving one hell only to be cast into another, but I'm pretty confident Motorola has the ability to support their hardware better than Samsung. Props to ACS for giving me firmware that works, as well as breathing some limited life into the Epic's crappy GPS hardware.

It does not help that S will be placing the Epic on EOL less than a year after I purchased it.

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
i'm running the nexus s and love that it is flawless (except for my own mistakes. lol.).

from the road

Yeah that's because it's a 100% Google experience phone, no Sprint bloatware, touchwiz or any other crap that Sprint or Samsung puts on the phone. The only sprint app I have ever used was the Sprint Zone app and that only because it helped me with calibrating my phone to save some battery life.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Moment had a WCDMA Modem which the equivalent of a GSM modem over in Europe.

So it was a WCDMA phone without a RUIM?

Sprint, Verizon* and other CDMA companies could expand their market share by embracing the RUIM. Then customers could change phones as often as they want, just like they can with AT&T, T-Mobile and other GSM companies.

With GSM many people have different phones for doing different things. Pop the SIM in a cheap phone for going to the beach (or lake or near/on any body of water) then switch it to the fancy phone for work.

Can't do that in the US or Canada with a CDMA carrier. They want you tied down to one phone.

*In Verizon's case enbiggen it even bigger.

b737thurman

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
<<<not to be a dick or anything, but seriously, no one cares>>>

Wrong again (or is that still). I care deeply. I felt his pain. Moving past the Epic fail is a life changing experience.

53 pages of wailing, gnashing of teeth, and pulling of hair on the "Android 2.3 Gingerbread EI09 latest build" thread. And I was checking it at least three times a day myself. It was like being held hostage. I feel for those people. I think they have stockholm syndrome. I think if samsung came through with a working build by this point they would feel betrayed. They have been held captive so long if you say anything bad about the Epic they rush to defend it! If it's such a good build of hardware, don't you think just MAYBE samsung MIGHT be able to build a working update?!

Have the Photon now and haven't looked back. Great phone. And it's already had two updates. Also, having the Will controller and HDMI for the hotel rooms on the road is REALLY awesome!!!

Good luck on finding a phone that works for you.:D

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

My next phone will have a fruit on it.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm laughing as I write this. I'm loving my Nexus without anything that I haven't put on it, it performs
as the Epic should - same basic phone without Sprint and its bloatware. Its the first phone I could
run stock and be perfectly happy with.

And the reason I'm reading this is I still have to maintain 2 other Epics in my family - one rom runs
great, one doesn't, and I only wish I could put them back on stock but that is even more painful.

So use your upgrades, go buy a cheap Nexus and love it, or go fruity - but that might not bring as
much happiness as you think. I have an Ipad, love it, tried an Android netbook which did not have
the smoothness and functionality of the Ipad. So for big things, its wonderful, but to have it on a
phone after having the ability to customize and make it look and act like I want, I think that would
drive me crazy. It is Apple's way or the highway, so think it out first. It could be one hell to another!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid