June 2024 Pixel Update?

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the green screen of (almost) death just now. I've had it a few times before but it would only last a few seconds and going to the lock screen would fix it. But this time it was a solid 5 mins of green screen with no remedy. I managed to get a picture of it with my Pixel 6. After going back to normal I checked for the update and finally it's available. Hopefully this will fix at least some of the many bugs I've had with this phone. I have more travel coming up and not sure what to do. I need a reliable phone. My P6 is still going strong but the USB-C port is broken so I can only wireless charge. Needless to say my P8 has been pretty disappointing.

original_0ed54d58-9b24-496e-8347-e37c582556e8_PXL_20240618_201028743.jpg

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the green screen of (almost) death just now. I've had it a few times before but it would only last a few seconds and going to the lock screen would fix it. But this time it was a solid 5 mins of green screen with no remedy. I managed to get a picture of it with my Pixel 6. After going back to normal I checked for the update and finally it's available. Hopefully this will fix at least some of the many bugs I've had with this phone. I have more travel coming up and not sure what to do. I need a reliable phone. My P6 is still going strong but the USB-C port is broken so I can only wireless charge. Needless to say my P8 has been pretty disappointing.

View attachment 363287
Oh no. I went through 4 Pixel 7pros... Each one got the green screen of death after 4 months. But so far the pixel 8 Pro has been fine for me. That sucks though :(

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh no. I went through 4 Pixel 7pros... Each one got the green screen of death after 4 months. But so far the pixel 8 Pro has been fine for me. That sucks though :(
Oh wow. Were your phones completely un-useable or did the green screen go away after a while like mine did? I'm worried Google won't warranty cover it unless it's permanently green screen. But at the same time I can't really take a chance of that happening when I'm away from home. Pretty frustrating.

Reactions: Tomster88

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow. Were your phones completely un-useable or did the green screen go away after a while like mine did? I'm worried Google won't warranty cover it unless it's permanently green screen. But at the same time I can't really take a chance of that happening when I'm away from home. Pretty frustrating.
I started to get green strips up and down the screen and it would flash when I was reading the screen. It didn't go completely green but it did go black and I wouldn't be able to wake up the phone. I hope that helps

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow! I'd give up on a brand if I had four devices fail. You are definitely more patient and forgiving than me.
Well I really didn't have a choice because I couldn't afford to get any other phone at the time and it was all under warranty so they kept replacing it. But trust me I was half tempted to go back to the iPhone

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I started to get green strips up and down the screen and it would flash when I was reading the screen. It didn't go completely green but it did go black and I wouldn't be able to wake up the phone. I hope that helps
I see. I might contact Google and see what they say. It's still under warranty. I'm actually considering getting an iPhone for now. If I miss Pixel's then I'll wait for the 9 pro or 10 or something.
Thanks.

Reactions: Tomster88

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I see. I might contact Google and see what they say. It's still under warranty. I'm actually considering getting an iPhone for now. If I miss Pixel's then I'll wait for the 9 pro or 10 or something.
Thanks.
Let us know how that goes. But Google should do something for you. I read an article that said some people are having issues with the pixel 8 and that Google is offering a 3-year screen warranty on it now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerdio