Just arrived....

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of moving over to this section of the forum. I come from the Sammie Charge section. Last Saturday I smashed my Charge and have the insurance from Asurion. They did not have another Charge in stock so I had to go with this Fascinate. I would have had to wait another good week before they had another in stock. It is due to arrive sometime on 5/30. I took a look through the Fascinate section of the forum here and at first look it looked like there was not too many issues of late, in general, most seemed to be happy.

My questions, is my observation generally correct, is there any issues or short cuts or any info I should be aware of that might make my switch to the Fascinate eaiser? Any info I would appreciate.

Thanks so much,
Mike

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Charge myself, had a Fascinate for a year or so. My wife still has her Fascinate, I just flashed an ICS ROM on her phone. It's a great device, if you are willing to run a custom ROM. If you run it stock, it is not quite up to par with the Charge, in my opinion, bc of the lack of 4G, and a smaller screen. Reception/call quality is about the same as the Charge in my experience.

If you decide to flash a custom ROM (highly recommended, because it makes the Fascinate a pretty awesome device), this is everything you need to know right here:

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would agree on stock I was never happy...on custom ROMs I was happy. If you want to stay on gingerbread and touchwiz I would recommend superclean 3 milestone 2. If you want more, go with an ICS ROM, which I would recommend aokp or miui

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your response. I got my phone and the ear piece has such a fuzzy sound in it when some one talks or when I talk. Otherwise it was quite but as soon as some one talks there is like a static sound. It drove me nuts so I called the Asurion Insurance Co, they offered me another Fascinate which I was afraid of now, and it is a smaller screen and and it has a 5 meg vs an 8 meg camera. Not all of the apps that I download don't appear in my apps drawer. So I am afraid of it. They offered me a Moto Droid X2 and some other Samsung that I have not heard of or could find on Big Reds site but both was not even 4g.

Now it leaves me wondering with a little extra care and caution on my part on my next phone is the insurance worth it? I can't believe they tried to pump me on getting a phone (2 out of the 3) that was not even 4g. This was my first ever claim and I was not impressed. My bill every month is deducted out of my checking account every month on time and they try to pull this. I have my number on a waiting list for another Charge if and when they become available.

So once again thanks to who responded and I will keep you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield