just did some cleaning out, it feels good.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
So I just unistalled everything I don't need. I have 4 apps, my backup pro, keepass, hyperjump,and Facebook.
Set up all my home screens with stock Android Widgets. I love it even more now.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I just unistalled everything I don't need. I have 4 apps, my backup pro, keepass, hyperjump,and Facebook.
Set up all my home screens with stock Android Widgets. I love it even more now.

What is backup pro? I know I have the backup stuff checked in the phone settings, but IDK if I'm actually backing up everything on my phone. How do I tell?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
What is backup pro? I know I have the backup stuff checked in the phone settings, but IDK if I'm actually backing up everything on my phone. How do I tell?

My back up pro is a app from the market it can back up things your phone won't back up. Google backs up contacts and seems to be doing a good job of keeping track of apps so if you were to completely wipe your phone you get all contacts,email and should get most the apps back.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

There's several options to backup stuff on your Android phone. iirc, Backup Pro only backs up the apps, not their data. What you're talking about is Google backing up your contacts, paid Apps, and such to your Gmail account.

If you're not rooted, App Backup and Restore and SMS Backup+ are two I recommend. The first backs up all of your apps into a file on your SD storage but it doesn't back up app data. The other backs up your text messages to your gmail account.

If you're rooted, there's two ways.

One is Nandroid Backup through Clockworkmod, backsup everything and I mean everything to your phone's internal system(forgot what it was).

Titanium Backup backs up everything as well plus app data, but it puts the file on your SD storage. Only thing about it is that you have reinstall all your apps when you get ready to restore which can be a pain if you have a lot of apps...like I do.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Nice, thank you for the help everyone.

Another question, let's say something happens to where i need to restore stuff GOOGLE has backed up for me, where and how do I manage to get my stuff back from Google?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice, thank you for the help everyone.

Another question, let's say something happens to where i need to restore stuff GOOGLE has backed up for me, where and how do I manage to get my stuff back from Google?

Google only backs up your system settings, wallpaper and a record of what apps you've downloaded. These are automatically restored when you set up your phone again.