GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone says..
Firmware version 2.1-update1
Baseband version DH12
Kernel version 2.6.29
Build number DH12

I want to update to Froyo, do I have to get DI01 and then DL09 before I get Froyo?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone says..
Firmware version 2.1-update1
Baseband version DH12
Kernel version 2.6.29
Build number DH12

I want to update to Froyo, do I have to get DI01 and then DL09 before I get Froyo?
Yes, you will probably need to upgrade to DI01 or DL09. Follow the instructions here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ls-trade-troubleshooting-returning-stock.html

And there is no need to start a new thread every time you have a question. Just find the most appropriate thread, get to the last page of that thread and hit the post reply button just below the bottom left corner of the last post

Reactions: GalaxyNole

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: GalaxyNole

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
because I'm still learning and everything I read had people going to EB01 from DI01 or DL09, but I just realized that was telling people to flash back to either of those from DL30. Is that correct?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
because I'm still learning and everything I read had people going to EB01 from DI01 or DL09, but I just realized that was telling people to flash back to either of those from DL30. Is that correct?

no brother, its best to flash back to stock so you start fresh but with odin not really necessary,,, in DL30 we wanted people to flash to DL09 so they started fresh also because you needed the DL30 radio to use it,,,,but the odin flashes already include the radio

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also gunner posted a link for me for a themed version of launcherpro and it is an apk. No experience in doing anything with apks. should I just stick with the lp from the market, or is it easy to install apks?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Um, it was a reasonable assumption for Landshark to think that GalaxyNole needed to flash DI01 or DL09, since we've only plastered it all over these forums about 10,000 times. We never spoke of DH12 in any of our tutorials, because it was the very original release and I think we just assumed everyone was past that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Um, it was a reasonable assumption for Landshark to think that GalaxyNole needed to flash DI01 or DL09, since we've only plastered it all over these forums about 10,000 times. We never spoke of DH12 in any of our tutorials, because it was the very original release and I think we just assumed everyone was past that.

i wasnt suggesting it was a dumb thing, i just thought he knew something i didnt at first.... no one was bashing on him,,,infact landshark is pretty awsome and has come along way quick, it brings a tear to my eye:'(

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
no worries Cory. I'm a fast learner, but I'm still very much a noob. Could you or someone else answer a question? Gunnermike provided a link in a post for a themed version of launcherpro. It is an apk file and I have not dealt with apks yet. I found a thread by DXC for quickadb, but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to do adb on my computer. How do I load an apk file? Or should I just get launcherpro through the market?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no worries Cory. I'm a fast learner, but I'm still very much a noob. Could you or someone else answer a question? Gunnermike provided a link in a post for a themed version of launcherpro. It is an apk file and I have not dealt with apks yet. I found a thread by DXC for quickadb, but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to do adb on my computer. How do I load an apk file? Or should I just get launcherpro through the market?

you can side load by putting the apk on your sd card,,,then use a file manager like astro or root explorer and installing it directly on your phone,,,im busy working right now but ill talk to you about adb later

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
i wasnt suggesting it was a dumb thing, i just thought he knew something i didnt at first.... no one was bashing on him,,,infact landshark is pretty awsome and has come along way quick, it brings a tear to my eye:'(

Oh okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to go all iamlilysdad on you :p

LauncherPro is an app you download from the market, so you could do that.

As far as APK's go, you just place it on your SD card and click on it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you can side load by putting the apk on your sd card,,,then use a file manager like astro or root explorer and installing it directly on your phone,,,im busy working right now but ill talk to you about adb later
Thanks. I think I get the sideloading. download it to sd card then use root explorer to move it to system/app folder? I know you are at work so I'm going to play around with it and see if I can figure it out. And if I do someting wrong and fudge up my phone I have experts like gunner and sheepdog to help me out. Isn't that what this is all about anyway? messing around with things and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I think I get the sideloading. download it to sd card then use root explorer to move it to system/app folder? I know you are at work so I'm going to play around with it and see if I can figure it out. And if I do someting wrong and fudge up my phone I have experts like gunner and sheepdog to help me out. Isn't that what this is all about anyway? messing around with things and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

make sure you have unknown sources checked in
settings >applications

then just click on it and install you can do it from file manager aswell

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to go all iamlilysdad on you :p

LauncherPro is an app you download from the market, so you could do that.

As far as APK's go, you just place it on your SD card and click on it.
I'm curious to see what this themed version from gunner looks like. If I don't like it, I'll download the regular one from the market. I had adw ex with DL30, but for some reason it didn't play nicely with EB01

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Success

HAHA! Success. Loaded the apk on sd card, used root explorer to move it to system/app folder, clicked on it to install, and thar she blows. Now I see why all of you like lp. it's cleaner, not as cluttered. And it seems like there are so many options/customizations possible. Great! As if I didn't already have the bug enough to play around and try different things on this phone. Thanks for your help guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny