Just Got 4.4.4 Via Kies, Verizon

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking to backup some photos and videos, and when I plugged my stock Verizon Note 3 into my PC, Kies started up and told me that there is a firmware update available. I accepted and installed it, and now my Android version is at 4.4.4. Anyone else see this? I'm in NJ in case it makes any difference.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sadly- it looks like one bug that was not successfully addressed (for me at least) is that bluetooth is still inoperable in my 2006 BMW.

Does anyone happen to know if there is there a VZW Note 3-specific changelog for the update?

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Any downfalls to updating via Kies Vs waiting for the regular push update? If by Kies will I still get future VZW pushed updates? Thanks

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
The only downfall I have found thus far to it is, if you are like me and you like being rooted, I do not believe there is a way to root it yet.. I may be wrong ( anyone have any ideas ) but from what I am seeing searching forums, no solutions as of yet..

Mactologist

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah battery does seem better.....but that's the only difference I see. No download booster, kids mode, and no Tap and Pay with Google Wallet. Any others experience this?

blujay40

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Just successfully performed the 4.4.4 updates via Kies 3 on our two Note 3's. Although the "About Phone" shows it has upgraded to 4.4.4, If I go into the "System Updates" screen, it still shows the 4.4.2 update was the last one way back in mid May. Is that because the update via Kies might have come from from Samsung instead of OTA via Verizon? Just curious.

Failure2Comply

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Just successfully performed the 4.4.4 updates via Kies 3 on our two Note 3's. Although the "About Phone" shows it has upgraded to 4.4.4, If I go into the "System Updates" screen, it still shows the 4.4.2 update was the last one way back in mid May. Is that because the update via Kies might have come from from Samsung instead of OTA via Verizon? Just curious.
Mine doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal