Just got a new battery for my Note 4-problems already?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Put the battery in the other night, have charged some over the day, now, I was just charging it, and noticed it says it's been charging at 87% for the last 20 odd minutes. It went to 100% the other day so I would think means it should be legit but....any thoughts?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Could be a few things:

The battery could be original but since Samsung quit making the batteries several years ago, it's sat around with no charge on it so it can no longer charge correctly.

It's also possible that the battery you bought is fake. There are tons of fake batteries on various sites being sold as original. They even look original with the same labeling on the battery that originals have. I bought a few of these fakes a few years ago and they had the same exact symptoms that you are describing. One of them even swelled up and I got rid of both of them.

Many people recommend replacement Note 4 batteries from Anker.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, well, it did eventually keep charging, but either this battery for some reason charges slow as hell past a certain point, or I dunno. I'll keep a eye on it. Got the battery on Amazon.

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
I had a Note 4, had battery problems too. I think its a Samsung thing when it comes to some models. Mine would die if it was unplugged and it got to like 40 percent but it was a good phone when i was at the hotel for WiFi. But it was aggriviating when your out and the phone keeps dying on you