Just got Moto X and trying to transfer sms/mms...need help!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all...
I just ported back to VZW last night and got the Moto X 2014. Love it so far! Coming from a Nexus 4, this is soooo buttery smooth and fast. My N4 has been acting up the last several months (random reboots/other apps open when ones close/etc).

So I used the Moto Migrate app to transfer my SMS/MMS over and while it "worked"/finished, all my text messages on the Moto X are just the texts of me sending/replying to people. The other people's texts are not even there? It's like it transferred just all MY SMS messages, not the other people(s).

I thought ok, I'll try another... same thing, tried another app, same thing.

I've gone through about 4 different SMS/MMS backup/restore Playstore apps and while 2/4 transferred everything (2 just imported like 1 or 2 threads?!), I am still not getting ANY texts transferred of the other people I had conversations with.

Can anyone help me please?! :) thanks in advance....

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure what happened but the migrate process worked great for me. I have also used a couple other apps with success. Wish I could help.

Posted via the Android Central App

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure what happened but the migrate process worked great for me. I have also used a couple other apps with success. Wish I could help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks, no problem. It showed I had like 11k text msgs, and about half were just from my wife over the last year! LOL.. Nothing in there I really needed to save, so I deleted that thread which brought the count down to 5k or so. I didn't know if that was the case, but I even deleted more text threads that brings it down to like 200 and the last 2 apps from Playstore I used still only transferred my side of the conversations. Ugggg!

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it will work for you or not, but when I got a replacement for my 2013 X because of a shattered screen I used the Verizon Messages app to transfer my SMS and MMS and it worked great. Again, I don't know if it will install on your old Nexus since it's not a Verizon phone but it's worth looking into. It has a backup and restore feature built into the app. Once you restore your messages to your new phone you can delete the app and use whatever SMS app you prefer.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, actually it worked already, in the stock Android message app :) I'm using Textra as my sms/mms app and that's where I was having the problems. I just had to go into the Settings/Resynch and then it, I guess, updated from the stock messaging app all the thread conversations and both sides of them.

Sorry, but I appreciate the help guys :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loveablesgv13