Just got my Moto x and have a few questions

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello all, I was able to get a cyber Monday code and got a white/silver/cognac 32gb phone a couple of days ago. I love the device but have a couple of questions issues that I couldn't find an answer on:

-I upgraded to lollipop out of the box but my gmail doesn't have an exchange option. My nexus 9 has it but not the moto, any idea why?

-Speaking of exchange, on the stock email app I tried to add my account and it wants a lock screen and a file for credentials...I have never seen this before and have owned android phones since the OG droid, how do I get around this?

-My Google search app keeps crashing, I've reinstalled the updates and cleared data and cache but it still happens.

I realize most of this is lollipop but I haven't experienced these problems on my nexus 9, any help would be much appreciated :)

Posted via the Android Central App

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you mean a certificate. Your company should have a way of provisioning one for you. Contact your IT Dept and ask them about their BYOD program and how you can go about installing a valid cert. Then I'd download Touchdown from the Play store. In my opinion it's by far and away the best mobile exchange client on Android. At worst you'll need a pin code on that app, not on the entire device. Just one of its many benefits.

reepS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The exchange thing threw me off too. My nexus 5 and 7 both had it integrated into email. My guess it is a specific build of gmail that hasn't rolled out to non-nexus devices yet.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The exchange thing threw me off too. My nexus 5 and 7 both had it integrated into email. My guess it is a specific build of gmail that hasn't rolled out to non-nexus devices yet.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Yup, the Exchange in GMail bit is an app upgrade, not Lollipop related.

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys.

New problem, just noticed the leather is coming away from the phone at the bottom part of the camera lens between that and the moto logo :(

I haven't seen many posts about this issue, mainly the wood peeling issue. I'm a little scared to go leather again how are the standard rubber type backs?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.

New problem, just noticed the leather is coming away from the phone at the bottom part of the camera lens between that and the moto logo :(

I haven't seen many posts about this issue, mainly the wood peeling issue. I'm a little scared to go leather again how are the standard rubber type backs?

I have one of the standard color backs and have had no problems whatsoever. It is slick, however, so a back cover or bumper is recommended. I believe the only color with a soft-touch feel is the black.

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if all the neutral colors have the non slick feel or just black? Mainly interested in slate

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I gambled and went with the same combo with the cognac. Fingers crossed.

Moto was cool and gave me a code to use to get another and send the defective one back when I get the new. But...I had to pay 25 for the leather again, which moto says they'll refund once I receive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadistic66