Just got Pixel 6 pro! Few things...

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I did it. I decided to get the Pixel 6 pro and check it out! I just got it today and when I was setting it up, it would not copy my text and system preferences when I had it hooked up to my 4 XL. I had to restore the phone twice and it never worked. But then I restored it from a cloud backup and it was fine. So I'm not sure what that was about.

So far the phone seems really nice. I have no problems with the fingerprint sensor, it seems to work every time. But Ive got to say I do miss face unlock from the 4XL. And I miss the squeeze feature to summon Google Assistant. But I'm going to try the phone for a week and see if I like it. So far it seems really nice!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! Long-pressing the Power button to summon Google Assistant is arguably faster and easier than the squeeze. I liked the squeeze on my Pixel 3 XL as well, but did notice that sometimes it didn't respond properly, perhaps due to the strength of the squeeze. The Power button long-press is easy and reilable.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! Long-pressing the Power button to summon Google Assistant is arguably faster and easier than the squeeze. I liked the squeeze on my Pixel 3 XL as well, but did notice that sometimes it didn't respond properly, perhaps due to the strength of the squeeze. The Power button long-press is easy and reilable.
I actually am trying out the double tap on the back of the phone to launch assistant. That seems to be working so far

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I have mine set for screen shot.
71105a0d30e69440bd149a38aa6cb034.jpg

BoyAndroid

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine about a month ago and it's great. Have come back to android from IPhone after several years and so far I'm really enjoying the P6P. Best phone I've had for a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine about a month ago and it's great. Have come back to android from IPhone after several years and so far I'm really enjoying the P6P. Best phone I've had for a long time!

Welcome to Android Central, and welcome back to Android! Hope you continue to enjoy the phone.