just got root whats next?!

inspire18

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I feel like a total tool but what is the next step/app. a friend did the root and very little add ons and wants me to just figure it out. i want to lean it down and make a few subtle changes. i dont quite understand the computer speak

inspire18

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i have the busybox installer in the drawer but needs to be installed. is there any apps that should be installed with it? also i have a tether, es file explorer and the super user. how do i know if its been backed up and what is the best way to get more from this phone?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
sounds to me like you could've done just a little more research before playing around with a really expensive device. There are 8 million threads regarding root and there's one in the inspire forum as well. Or there's the Web. Or there's xda. In my opinion I would want to do it myself so that if hits the fan you could help yourself out of a jam. What would you do right now if you need to bring your phone back to att tomorrow as it was when you left the store(w/o root)? Don't take offense, just food for thought

Phone

inspire18

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess I expected a little abuse. I just figured this is a better platform to learn on than the note. I was just needing someone savy to give me more direction than im working with.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to say before anything crazy happens you may want to prep in advance. Not trying to sound like an ass at all. Hell, I haven't done it yet but I've read way too much about it for some reason. I, personally, always want an exit strategy.

Phone

inspire18

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Im with ya! the guy that performed the root knows what he is doing. Im just the type to want to consult with a third party to be sure there is nothing missing. I have been reading about the apps he loaded and i understand it for the most part there is just a few details missing that i want to know before i get going

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would start HERE to get a basic understanding of what rooting actually is and does. Then I would read as much as you can about everything you're curious about. if you read something you're not sure about, then come back here and ask us. We'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
yea read and research it it took me a while to get mine rite infact i soft bricked it twice trying to root it but being i read a lot of stuff specifically the manual i got myself out of the hole and the reason is i was usuing a messed up usb cable apparently it has a short in it and the data flow got interupted so it went streight to the boot loader but thats a different story my point is read what you can we do offer help but we take it poorly when the un informed want to have us as your personal tech support if your going to ask for advice as this is my piece of the consensus here read be informed understand what your doing not to be a totl dick but come on bro get some knowledge its a commitment :mad: so come back as a little bit more informed because if you dont know what your doing you cn easily break your phone im not trying to be an ass but you can get boot loops change your frame work by accedent delete the market delete google talk delete a lot of system apps that can seriously make your phone unstable so in this reguard i suggest you get busy box and titanium back up but please be informed we are willing to help you out but as the saying gose we can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink so if you want the help we can get you started but you gotta drink as well to become self reliable