Just got the update from Sprint..and wifi no longer works.

db09

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got the SD Card update for my barely 2 week old Optimus S delivered by Sprint (I came here too late, otherwise I would've refused it) and it seems that ever since the update completed and my phone rebooted, my wireless doesn't work.

I'm on the same network the phone is trying to connect to now, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the network/router. If I go in to my Menu>Settings>Wireless, it was set to off (which is should not have been) so I touched it to turn it on and it will connect and attempt to obtain an IP address from the router but then immediately dies and shuts back off.

Any ideas? This is my first smart phone so maybe there's some noob thing here that I'm totally missing but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Reactions: KSmithInNY

db09

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually, derp.

I just manually shut down and restarted the phone and now wireless is back up and working fine. Strange.

Mods can close this thread if they wish.

Apologies.:-[

Reactions: KSmithInNY

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually, derp.

I just manually shut down and restarted the phone and now wireless is back up and working fine. Strange.

Mods can close this thread if they wish.

Apologies.:-[

No way I'll leave this open.
1) Accurate title (THANK YOU!!)
2) Good description of a unique issue not already discussed in multiple threads
3) A solution that worked for you that others may try if they have the same problem.

This, believe it or not, is a great addition to the community. Thanks for sharing with us :D

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Wait...is there a way to reject the upgrade? the later option is being useless.
Think you got the wrong thread :) this is about wifi after the update. There are quite a few threads which list and discuss your options on accepting, declining or the multiple ways of applying the update and the pros and cons of each way of applying the update.

BKMSTR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've also had this problem. I don't know how many times I've rebooted it'll work for a while then cut out again. It seems to be stuck in a turn off turn on loop. I may get a connection for a minute put two but it always dies again.

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've also had this problem. I don't know how many times I've rebooted it'll work for a while then cut out again. It seems to be stuck in a turn off turn on loop. I may get a connection for a minute put two but it always dies again.

I was having this problem as well. I switched the Wifi sleep policy to "Never when plugged in" then rebooted. Its been fine ever since. See if that works for you too.

BKMSTR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm blanking right now, where can I find that setting? Right now my wireless is working, but I just got home and it connected right away. I'll edit this post if it drops again.