Just picked one up

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually posting from it right now. Must have apps, keyboard, accessories, etc. etc,.,? Not a ton of info out there yet.

Thanks in advance.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually posting from it right now. Must have apps, keyboard, accessories, etc. etc,.,? Not a ton of info out there yet.

Thanks in advance.

Must have apps, could include anything. First off, have your rooted your tab? Some procedures are available. This way, you can hopefully get rid of the bloatware pre-installed. Also, you can install some root required apps, like a good decent file manager, Like Astro or ES. It's always nice to know you have access to things.

A decent video player. The stock version is limited. Players like Mobi and MX are available, and can switch between SW and HW decoding.

Contact manager. If you deal with several different groups like me, it's nice to have a group manager where you see the groups when you open the app. Like GangApp.

A different Gallery. I like QuickPic. More options.

As with hardware, be careful. Make sure the HW is compatible with 3.2 (or whatever version android you have). and keep the reciept.

As with a cover for your tab, it is a must.. I suggest finding a person who has a sewing machine. Give the dimensions, and have them sew a custom label on the front. Why buy a POS pre-manufactured thing from K-Mart?

Root, and at least get rid of the junk. In time, they might have a custom Rom, which is something to think about.

As always, if you're looking for an app, just ask ;)

jhodnettejr

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
To say one's experience "sux" is very vague. Just exactly what? 1ghz dual core processor. Fwd and aft cameras. HC 3.2. Granted it doesn't have a full sized USB port.

Hardware is nice....

Facebook doesn't synch with contacts.
Wifi connectivity is highly inconsistent.
Wifi won't stay on with screen off.
Can't upload vid to Facebook.
Can't email video.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Grea!,

as with FB, they, and I mean FB, still can't get it right. FB for 3.2, doesn't have this option, as least as far as the app is concerned. You have to access FB through the browser. Yeah, the app sux, but browser works. But the fb synch seemed to work ok with 3.2

Email attachments work for 2 mail apps. Np problems attaching video sent through stock app. Although K-9 (3rd app) mail did not wish to send it or a foto/doc. But the stock sent as attachment fine. May want to try a different mail app.

But I'm with you on the Wifi drops when sleeping. And the A100 is not the only tab that does this, when stock.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the wifi, even on a custom rom, depending on the place, my wifi drops. I just reconnect. Yeah, it's a pain.

Check some other e-mail apps. As I said, my stock app, (custom rom), sends with no problems. My market app, (K-9) refuses to send a video. And of course, this sux.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrBrown