just switched from apple and need some contact help with outlook

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I just switched over from apple and when I sent up the phone I went to email and added my outlook account that has my phone contacts attached to it, but my contacts aren't there. If I download the outlook app they then sync up.... I don't wanna have to email apps and I really like the stock email app lay out better than the outlook app. How do I get contacts to sync with the stock email app???

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you not back up your contacts to your Google/Samsung account & sync them that way?

I use outlook ion my iMac and the app; but it doesn’t store contacts

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I had same sync problem. What worked for me was on pc go to outlook. Com sign into your account. Then under settings there is area to check mobile device connected to your outlook. Find your note 9 delete it on pc. Immediately turn your phone off and restart it. The first time it sync your contacts will show up.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Not to state the obvious...
Go to settings - accounts - accounts - select your exchange account - sync - toggle sync contacts.

Hope that helps. If not, you can try turning it off and on again

Oh and welcome to Samsung. Awesome hardware, redundant apps. You would have hated the early days.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the help, I ended up just going to outlook.com and exporting my contacts to my new google account. I'm going to start making the switch on my emails as well over to google

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the help, I ended up just going to outlook.com and exporting my contacts to my new google account. I'm going to start making the switch on my emails as well over to google

Yup, that is the best way to go for contacts..