Keep programs from auto-launching?

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.
I'm very new to Android and got the Hero on Sunday..

I'm trying to optimize some things and noticed there are a TON of things that automatically launch when the phone launches that I don't use Like:
IM
Peep
Footprints

I go into the task manager I downloaded and kill them, but they're back the next time.
I've set the notifcations (on the ones that had that setting) to off and still they pop up.
I went into Manage Applications and cleared the data from all of them, but no dice, still there on next boot.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to disable these I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Llee

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
i have an advanced task manager to Kill as well.... however, is there anyway at ALL to stop the Auto Launch of some Apps?? like Sprint Navagation or any App that is not used... Just wondering if anyone knows... I am having the same issues... that there are Apps that Launch ... I dont need them launching and running the battery down... Sincerely ... wondering..

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
IMO using a task killer to explicitly kill apps when they launch is much different than killing running tasks.

And since the CDMA Hero is now rooted, just use autostarts from the market or remove the apps you do not want to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18