Keep the G-Nex or SIII

MrSwa

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought a G-Nex last week (read still with-in return window) directly from google. I didn't expect the US carriers to get the SIII until at least July. With the recent announcement of pre-orders starting tomorrow, what's the general consensus about switching? I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee for the nexus. LTE in my area isn't live yet, but I would expect it within the contract period. I like the fact that the nexus gets updates from google, and is sitting on stock ICS, but the pure power of the SIII is tempting.

Little background: The nexus is my 1st android phone. Switched from iPhone 3GS.

Opinions?????

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would switch. Got the ATT SGSII last Sep, then turned it in for Skyrocket1 month later. I had to use an old iPhone 3gs the other day and wow, could hardly stomach the slow speeds. Reception wasn't as good either.

Point is, sounds like you want to switch. Go for it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a nexus s after my captivate and I felt like it was kinda plain with just gingerbread. I like some of the features of touch wiz. I returned it and got the sgsII and then skyrocket when it came out. I love LTE and could not go back.

I would return the the nexus, eat the 60 bucks and get the sgsIII.

MrSwa

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would be using my upgrade for the SIII. I like having the ability to drop AT&T when I want, but more than likely will be with them for the duration of the contract.

I also like the pogo pins on the nexus. Having the ability to dock so easily is very appealing. I also don't for see myself neccesarily needing the power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxrrk