Keeping or Returning?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thought it might be a good idea for a thread...for anyone that has one, answer and give a brief reason why.

Options: (thanks Jasper)

Keeping phone 100% satisfied.
Keeping the phone but not 100% satisfied.
Undecided if im keeping the phone.
Returning the phone and waiting for something better.

I'm still up in the air - I like it, not sure if I love it, and am a little worried about battery life. I also don't want the Nexus Prime (or whatever it's called) hanging over my head when it finally comes out. :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: ninjataint

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been meaning to make a poll for this. Just haven't taken the time. I want to know:

As for me, I think I like the phone, don't 100% love it, but not sure How it will stack up against the next wave if its worth getting rid of or not. The next wave being the prime, vigor, rev 2 and DROID HD.

My biggest complaint / fear being the size of the phone vs. Size of the screen and the new plastic build. If I.C.S. can package a larger screen in a smaller or same size package I will be dissapointed. Just not sure how battery life will be with these new HD screens.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninjataint

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been meaning to make a poll for this. Just haven't taken the time. I want to know:

As for me, I think I like the phone, don't 100% love it, but not sure How it will stack up against the next wave if its worth getting rid of or not. The next wave being the prime, vigor, rev 2 and DROID HD.

My biggest complaint / fear being the size of the phone vs. Size of the screen and the new plastic build. If I.C.S. can package a larger screen in a smaller or same size package I will be dissapointed. Just not sure how battery life will be with these new HD screens.

Good options...edited my first post to reflect them.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Undecided.

I like it a lot, but the battery life is just really pissing me off (less than 10 hrs with light usage). I'm on my 3rd charging cycle and I changed some settings around , and also uninstalled the Facebook app to see if that helps.

Prior to this, I had a DroidX2 and I returned it because the battery life similarly sucked.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thought it might be a good idea for a thread...for anyone that has one, answer and give a brief reason why.

Options: (thanks Jasper)

I'm still up in the air - I like it, not sure if I love it, and am a little worried about battery life. I also don't want the Nexus Prime (or whatever it's called) hanging over my head when it finally comes out. :confused:
One thing that I've learned about these devices, is that I'm never going to be 100% satisfied. The reality is no device is going to be perfect.

I find it interesting how some reminisce about the original droid. While it was a great device and huge step forward from the first "Google" phone (G1), it to was not a perfect device.

With each device that is released that I choose to purchase, I can always find things that I like about them, and things that I dislike about them.

The Motorola Droid Bionic is not perfect, far from it. It does have some bugs. I hope that Motorola deals with some of these bugs in a timely manner. For me, one big bug with the phone is the problem with transferring apps to the sd card. But, for me that is not a make a break deal. The screen on the Bionic is not as nice (to me) as the screen on the Charge. But, I'll tell you one thing, at least in my opinion and experience, the Charge is a lot more buggy than the Bionic is. The Charge also has a habit of hanging and slowing down especially at start up when the thing does its routine scan of the sd card. That can be painfully slow.

For me, I'm about 90% satisfied. I have no plans to return the phone. Oh and there is always something better on the horizon. What that is at this point, for me, I'm not sure. But, this is technology that we are talking about here. It is always in a state of flux and is always changing.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Undecided.

I like it a lot, but the battery life is just really pissing me off (less than 10 hrs with light usage). I'm on my 3rd charging cycle and I changed some settings around , and also uninstalled the Facebook app to see if that helps.

Prior to this, I had a DroidX2 and I returned it because the battery life similarly sucked.

Honestly, you'll have a hell of a time finding an Android phone that gives decent battery life...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, you'll have a hell of a time finding an Android phone that gives decent battery life...

If my Droid X didn't get stolen, I'd be happy with that. 24 hrs between charges, occasionally 26-28.

I concede that the 4G phones will have lower life than the 3G ones...but getting less than half the battery life I used to is not a good look.

jmullinsiu

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery and am quite happy with battery life. Beats the he'll outta og droid

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

shiftypowers

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards returning. phone is great and fast but the screen just feels subpar to me compared to what I saw on the Charge at the store. The SAMOLED looks incredible. I might head back to my OG Droid as I wait for a new device.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Keeping it, it is the newest phone that will hold the greatest resale when the Prime comes out...

Other than that reason I really like it, I just buy the newest best phone out every 6 months.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Already returned mine. The awful battery life and bad camera were deal breakers for me. I wanted this phone so bad but I hardly used it yesterday and had to charge it 2 times. I shouldnt have to buy an extended battery to be able to use my phone. Hopefully the Prime is a winner.

Reactions: broadwayblues

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an Eris this phone is fantastic. When I take off my glasses and hold the screen 2 inches from my face I can see the pixel problem ... @ the normal 12"away position, no problem. Still waiting to see the yellow/ green color problems.

Conditioned my battery and have been getting above average usage. I laugh at those that say you don't need to do it. I guess the small amount of time it takes to condition a battery is soooo detrimental. Well, I guess if you do do it and it helps you won't be able to complain about it.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Undecided. Probably exchanging it first, but if the next one has the same high frequency noise when playing something through the headphones, I'm just getting a refund.

It's really starting to piss me off. Other than that, I love the phone. Although sending/receiving files via bluetooth is proving rather arduous. Not happy that Wiimote doesn't work with my emulators either.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping the phone, I had an OG droid before this. I also bought the Droid 3 to test it out and I would say the Bionic is better.

There is the problem with the clicking sounds on Netflix but that seems like a software issue since I can't reproduce it when I use the built in Music player, or Pandora. I just tried hooking up the device using HDMI, passed it through my receiver to my HD TV, works much better than the D3. D3 would be choppy, the Bionic wasn't.

After having it connected with HDMI, I turned on Bluetooth and hooked up my roommates Apple (Yea, I know -,-) keyboard, Magic Trackpad. Both of them worked. The Magic Touchpad didn't have a lot of the functionality that it offers but still worked. It's funny to about this, he has an iPhone 4 and the Magic Touchpad doesn't work on it, lmao Apples own products don't work together but they work with Android, go figure. Anyway, I also hooked up a M$ bluetooth mouse and that worked perfect.

I can't tell yet about the battery life, it's only been two days and will take more time then that to really know for sure. My initial thoughts are that the battery life is pretty impressive. I have several widgets going, BW live wallpaper, had wifi/4g, GPS, bluetooth going. It still lasted at least several hours with pretty heavy use, this is also with the extended battery. ;)

I feel this device is enough of an upgrade from the OG droid to not worry about what is coming out next. I will start caring again when quad core phones hit the market.

Chunkhead

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I have had zero problems with mine, other than the chain link fence screen. After I got used to that, I have no complaints. It works flawlessly. I don't hear any whining from headphones, I don't mind the picture quality (probably won't use it much as a camera, anyway), and the apps not going to the SD card doesn't affect me in the slightest. I seriously don't plan on having 8 GB of apps on this thing. Yikes. Talk about bloat! Speaking of which, this version of MotoBlur is pretty sweet. I don't think I will be rooting and/or using any special ROMs on this thing. It does everything I want it to do, and does it with alacrity and accuracy. 100% in the keeping it category.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Keeping it. It more than surpassed my expectations and coming from a Blackberry Storm 2 it is better by leaps and bounds. Only thing I may return is the extra battery/dock I got, I have a dock at work, home and car so there is no need for a spare and I have noticed all day use and minimal drop (to include using the FM radio app while playing poker for 3 hours last night).

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Keeping it 98% satisfied

The audio hiss is my only issue. Battery life is not great and also not terrible. I also don't think the prime or vigor, having LTE, faster dual core processors and bigger, higher resolution screens are going to have good battery life unless they shoehorn a laptop battery into them. They'll either have around the same life, worse life or be the same size as the bionic with the extended battery.

I am also relatively sure the bionic will see ICS.

Lastly, the screen doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't even think about it if it wasn't posted about on here so much.

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had zero problems with mine, other than the chain link fence screen. After I got used to that, I have no complaints. It works flawlessly. I don't hear any whining from headphones, I don't mind the picture quality (probably won't use it much as a camera, anyway), and the apps not going to the SD card doesn't affect me in the slightest. I seriously don't plan on having 8 GB of apps on this thing. Yikes. Talk about bloat! Speaking of which, this version of MotoBlur is pretty sweet. I don't think I will be rooting and/or using any special ROMs on this thing. It does everything I want it to do, and does it with alacrity and accuracy. 100% in the keeping it category.
I'm keeping the phone. My only problem seems to be the screen as sometimes I notice the "chain link" and sometimes I don't. I'm hoping my eyes just gets use to it. Other than that I have no complaints.

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is for sure going back. My TB is on par with the Bionic and is consistently faster browsing the web. So yes, I am saving my money and upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire