Killing DRM question

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Has the whole battery problem that requires the killing of DRM services been a problem for all epics? Even If I kill all the DRM services the awake problem still crops up later, sometimes hours, sometimes days (I have done a few hard resets and problem still remains). I have had this problem since release and I am tired of it. I was hoping 2.2 would fix the problem but it has not. I am hoping not all epics are having this problem and maybe they will replace it at the sprint store.
Thanks for the help.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Killing the drm does absolutely nothing for the battety life on my phone. The biggest battery killer on my phone is time without service. Toggling the airplane mode seems to take care of it.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I also do the TWS fix but no matter what, at some point my awake time will go to 80-90%. Once this happens I can find no way to fix it. In spare parts on the partial awake time pull down it doesn't show anything that high. The only oddity I can find is that under sensor usage it shows gallery at 100%. I can kill everything and it will still stay awake until I restart the phone.

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I may use Odin to get back to the original firmware and do a few wipes after each update. I'm about to go crazy with this problem. I just dont know if every epic has this problem or if it could be a hardware problem. I just hate going to sprint because they want me to leave the phone there and the problem may not sow up right away. Sometimes it is hours and sometimes it is a few days.

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I just gave in and rooted and I am running ACS frozen rom and my battery is awesome. I have only a 1 to 2 % battery drop per hour while the phone is sleeping.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone gets the same battery life if I kill DRM service or not. I unplug it from the charger at 5am every morning and plug it back in at 11pm. I always have 35% or more life left. I'm running bone stock ec05.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
if you REALLY wanna help battery life... instead of using airplane mode... after rooting.. install roamcontrol. not having service is a massive drain on your phone. throwing roamcontrol on and forcing your device to roam is a great way to save battery life. (and unless i'm using data, like internet or something, i usually just LEAVE it on roam, since VZ, our roam provider, has way better coverage than Sprint anyways- i get coverage for txts and calls and save batt life same time)

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
if you REALLY wanna help battery life... instead of using airplane mode... after rooting.. install roamcontrol. not having service is a massive drain on your phone. throwing roamcontrol on and forcing your device to roam is a great way to save battery life. (and unless i'm using data, like internet or something, i usually just LEAVE it on roam, since VZ, our roam provider, has way better coverage than Sprint anyways- i get coverage for txts and calls and save batt life same time)

That's a pretty good idea - does this affect your rates in any way?

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone gets the same battery life if I kill DRM service or not. I unplug it from the charger at 5am every morning and plug it back in at 11pm. I always have 35% or more life left. I'm running bone stock ec05.

I have since found that you are probably right, it probably wasn't drm. Drm is still running on this rom and I have no problems or unusual battery drain.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
That's a pretty good idea - does this affect your rates in any way?

There is a clause I believe for roaming minutes and data roaming: if the minutes or data used while roaming exceeds a majority of minutes or data they can limit or terminate service.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I do the same. I have Roam Control and my battery lasts longer that been with Sprint. When is Spritn going to have a better coverage?

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
There is a clause I believe for roaming minutes and data roaming: if the minutes or data used while roaming exceeds a majority of minutes or data they can limit or terminate service.

That would be great I would get Cricket and would flash my epic into cricket service. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt