Kindle fire (us style)... Help!!

John Haddon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks

Need advice/help please.

A year ago I bought my girlfriend a Kindle Fire from the US for her Christmas, when they first came out. They were not available in the UK are at this time and I thought it was an excellent present. It was at the time, but for some reason, we are unable to download/install any software upgrades or apps for the Kindle Fire. It maybe because I bought it in the US, I don't know. But if that's the case, is there way round the download problem? (i.e. jailbreak it or force an update)

Any thoughts would be great!!!

bjellys

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi if you just want to get Google play ( market ) working you will need to root it and get superuser status.
I am new to this forum so I don't know if they have tutorials on here if they don't I can give you links to some.It is well worth doing it totally transforms the fire..
Should you want to go 1 stage further you can then install another rom ICS or the latest one Jelly Bean.
What ever you decide do plenty of research and don't just jump in with both feet.
If you do need help just let me Know I will help where I can my technical knowledge is limited but I can show you the route I took.

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci