Known Note10+ Issues

stryker291982

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi all first time poster, first time Samsung user, not new to Android in general. Are there any current know issues reported for the Note10+?

Bought one from sprint brand new had it three days and have nothing but issues with apps loading.

For example I load up youtube and instead of going to my homepage like every other device does, i get a blank screen with a loading circle sometimes take a minute to show anything have had it just sit there and time out. Its the same on other apps, facebook, gmail doesnt sync mail unless i got into the app, so i am not getting notifications, and yes they are all on.

to rule out the network we compared the note to my wifes iphone on the same network and hers works just fine as it should.

spent the better part of the day yesterday with sprint advanced device support, refreshing this and that, doing a re provision and all that jazz and the only thing they can come up with is a bad device. they are RMAing this one and sending me another new one but am I going to be disappointed again?

I figured a flagship processor backed with 12gb of ram would be a powerhouse but it has been anything but that as of yet. Is usable ram of 4-5gb out of 12gb normal on a device like this?

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I am no expert on this for sure. I hear a lot of people mention trying to boot your phone into safe mode and testing the apps there one by one. But since they are sending you a new device, I would suggest starting the new phone from scratch and install the apps one at a time. I only transferred my contacts and text messages from my Note 8 to my Note 10+.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I am no expert on this for sure. I hear a lot of people mention trying to boot your phone into safe mode and testing the apps there one by one. But since they are sending you a new device, I would suggest starting the new phone from scratch and install the apps one at a time. I only transferred my contacts and text messages from my Note 8 to my Note 10+.

^^^This^^^

It seems like transferring apps is any Android devices (possibly Samsung) downfall. I've had similar issues with my Note8, and Note10+ early on. I always ended up wiping and restoring only contacts and other data, but manually installing apps, within the first week of each device.

stryker291982

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
^^^This^^^

It seems like transferring apps is any Android devices (possibly Samsung) downfall. I've had similar issues with my Note8, and Note10+ early on. I always ended up wiping and restoring only contacts and other data, but manually installing apps, within the first week of each device.

I came from an iphone so the only thing that transferred to this phone was my contacts saved from a previous android phone.

I am hoping the new device does the trick, so much of your life goes into one of these devices now a days its hard when you have to swap, readjusted and adapt to a new one let alone if you get a bad one

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any of those issues, but for your notification troubles, make sure those apps are not battery optimized.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all first time poster, first time Samsung user, not new to Android in general. gmail doesnt sync mail unless i got into the app, so i am not getting notifications, and yes they are all on.

I've seen several users in the forums with trouble with gmail syncing properly.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...tions-delayed-note-10-plus-2.html#post6638152

And here's another

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...0-gmail-not-pushing-new-mail.html#post6640782

There are several suggestions in there for a resolution.

Welcome to Android Central!

GDany

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I also had issues with the gmail app, in the beginning, but after a few days it looks like it works almost fine.
But I do have other issues like the lock screen timeout, which is very short (I think not more than 5 seconds) and not changeable. Another issue would be the fact that when double clicking a notification displayed on the lock screen, the app responsible with that notification should open, provided that the screen is not locked by your biometrics. In my case, I do have face detection and fingerprints registered, the face detection works perfect and it is very fast, but double clicking on a notification sometimes fails, it unlocks the screen, it opens the app and then the screen goes black and locked. The lock screen timeout is so short that I do not get to read the notifications or sometimes I do not get to swipe fast enough and it gets locked again despite the fact that it was unlocked by face recognition. To be honest, my old Note 8 with Android 8.1 is much better performing even after more than 2.5 years.

GDany

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I keep it in the so called "Optimized" mode. I tried in "High performance" mode and it is the same, about 5 seconds.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Any widget which shows the time of the next alarm on my phone, shows the time as 5 minutes earlier than the time of the alarm. The problem is with any kind of widget. The only thing that rectifies the issue is to use a clock other than the Samsung clock app that comes with the phone. But if I use a different app for the clock on the phone (such as the Google Clock), then the problem goes away. See the picture - anyone have any thoughts?
424e40fae620b6984fd8ec7c0cdc4f31.jpg

stryker291982

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
I've seen several users in the forums with trouble with gmail syncing properly.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...tions-delayed-note-10-plus-2.html#post6638152

And here's another

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...0-gmail-not-pushing-new-mail.html#post6640782

There are several suggestions in there for a resolution.

Welcome to Android Central!

I was able to get the gmail app working better by doing the steps mentioned here, still having issue with the other apps though, just for grins i took my wifes sim card out of her iphone and put it in the n10p and it seemed to work much better which gives me hope for when the new phone arrives

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Any widget which shows the time of the next alarm on my phone, shows the time as 5 minutes earlier than the time of the alarm. The problem is with any kind of widget. The only thing that rectifies the issue is to use a clock other than the Samsung clock app that comes with the phone. But if I use a different app for the clock on the phone (such as the Google Clock), then the problem goes away. See the picture - anyone have any thoughts?
424e40fae620b6984fd8ec7c0cdc4f31.jpg
I think I had that widget on my old HTC One X...

stryker291982

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Well I got the new phone and I regret to say its no better than the first, sprint doesnt want to hear that it has to be something with their network and this model. As stated previous wifes iphone works perfect. Sprint even had me doing side by side comparisons, but all they was to do is send refreshs and reset the provisions, check for tower issues etc

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

Not new to the Samsung or Note line, just loved my Note 4 so much this was my first upgrade, got the Note 10+ and someone will have to pry this baby from my cold, lifeless fingers. LOVE this phone.

That said, I've run into one real problem, and I've run out of solutions. When using the "Ok Google" voice activation while media is playing (Play Music and Maps, normally), the Assistant activates, but it doesn't mute the media volume like it used to on my Note 4. I've tried checking settings, individual app settings... no dice. This is a pretty big issue for me since I drive for a living- my Google Assistant should get a paycheck. The problem seems extent no matter the audio feeds- it happens with my Buds, my BT reciever in my van, and when the phone is just on its own speakers/mics. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the patience. This was almost like getting an Android for the first time again, lol. I got a Tab S4 and my Note 10+, and I'm having to totally relearn a TON. My old devices were my Note 4 and my Note Pro 12.2.

-Kelly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Super_kali13