Lag when texting

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? A lot of the time when I'm texting the letters take quite a while to show up and most of the time will be incorrect from how I typed it out. I know I type pretty fast but that shouldn't have anything to do with it being this slow. It often has me going back to correct it because of this just making it take even more time to send a message. This has happened on my old phone before at times when I would be texting back in a relatively large thread but some of these on this phone don't even have that many messages so I don't believe that is the reason.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
What keyboard and texting app are you using?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

The LG keyboard, and the default texting app. This doesn't happen when I use other apps like hangouts for example or when I'm typing in a web browser. It's just when I'm trying to text someone with the default.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The default app is very laggy for me on the G3. I switched to Textra and SwiftKey and it is much smoother.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Fleksy right now. Sometimes it lags.. But I'm gonna brush that off to the same reason why the whole touch screen in general is lagging at times.

Posted via the Android Central App

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
As I've mentioned, it works just fine in other apps. It's just the default texting app. I'm fine with using that app, I just wish there was a way it wouldn't lag so much.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
g4 keyboard is slow also, any gd app to replace it ?
I use the very boring "Google Keyboard". I hate to be a Swiftkey hater (okay, I'm not "hater" -- maybe it hates me), but Swiftkey just doesn't like the way I swype, and swyping is my preferred input. I have better results with the Google Keyboard, and have been using it for about 6 months with no complaints. I will say that on the G4, I have had to dial back my swyping speed for best results.

Append: I also use Textra. I got used to it when I had the Moto Droid Turbo which had a very crappy default messaging app (IMO). It's quite nice.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the Google keyboard as well... But it seems like every keyboard I use starts to lag up again after a few days of usage

Posted via the Android Central App

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I deleted the thread that had the most messages (which took quite a while and multiple tries) but that helped with the lag. This same thing happened with my old phone, it was around 5500 messages in the thread, I just wish the app was better made to handle long threads like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1