Landscape and portrait on homescreen..

Jparrott20

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Noticed a couple screen shots and videos where the LTE was going into landscape mode on the home screen and I cannot figure out how to do this with mine... Any tips..?

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you've been seeing the screen shots of the Evo in the car dock. It goes into car mode when in the dock, and the screen is shown in portrait mode.

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why they don't just make it an option to do it all the time if you wanted. For me I probably wouldn't set it to do that. I do on my HTC tablet since I often use it that way but at times it rotates too easily, especially when I set it down. But at least give us the choice.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why they don't just make it an option to do it all the time if you wanted. For me I probably wouldn't set it to do that. I do on my HTC tablet since I often use it that way but at times it rotates too easily, especially when I set it down. But at least give us the choice.

Agreed. It is stupid that we can't use Sense landscape when not in dock or media mode. Even the HTC Shift has landscape (when kb is open). The code is obviously already there, so why not enable it??

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ultimate rotation control will allow home screen.in landscape mode, download in store

Wow! I had NO IDEA that it was possible to rotate Sense homescreens! Thanks for the info!!

I tried this app, which is free, and it works: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lecode.eyesfree.setorientation&token=4C3eKi_j (Set Orientation). Only problem is that it still doesn't allow automatic Sense rotation. It is neat to rotate Sense homescreens, but if it is not automatic, it isn't much use to me.

Then tried "Ultimate Rotation Control" and that does, indeed allow automatic rotation of Sense. My issues with the program are: it is a bit expensive for what it does, it has to run all the time, it is not that small (13MB- so it consumes that RAM), the 3-button widget doesn't work (although the 1 button widget does), it doesn't rotate the lockscreen.

So far, I can't find anything better and/or cheaper that works, though.

Last edited:

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I had NO IDEA that it was possible to rotate Sense homescreens! Thanks for the info!!

I tried this app, which is free, and it works: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lecode.eyesfree.setorientation&token=mdheSfpH

Only problem is that it still doesn't allow automatic rotation. It is neat to rotate Sense homescreens, but if it is not automatic, it isn't much use to me.

Ultimate rotation control is free for 7 days and it is auto. After the trail it is 2.99. Gonna try it. Might be worth the money.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if the phone did this by default but Ultimate Rotation seems to work well enough. It's a bit silly the developer wants $2.99 for a one function app though.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of ROMs that enable landscape natively, if you're into rooting and flashing. As mentioned before, the code is there; its just a matter of setting some flags to allow it to work with the launcher.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
As with most design issues or bugs I have identified with the Evo LTE, I have contacted HTC about this issue (via web form). Not sure if it will make any difference, but I think users should be vocal about such things so they know WE know things could be better.

There is absolutely no reason that Sense should not support a setting that enables automatic home screen rotation. As has been proven in this thread, the code is already present in Sense.

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I exit from car dock mode my phone stays in landscape, and the lock screen is also in landscape, but not all the time. I'll take a screen shot next time it happens.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what makes it jump out of landscape when you take it off car dock mode, but I just twist my doc into normal and I dont care anymore!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bonnieeugene