Large # of Contacts

BillyD33

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I recently picked up the HTC Hero. I have approximately 10,000 contacts loaded. Searching is pretty slow. Is this simply a problem of too many contacts for the available memory or is the contact manager slow (I have not loaded any other apps on the phone). If the problem is with the contact manager, is there an app that is better at processing large numbers of contacts? As a point of comparison, my BB Curve goes through a similar size contact list almost instantaneously.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have absolutely no idea HOW one creates 10000 contacts. What did you do, can cut and paste a phone book?

Well, here's one idea... Download "gesture" free in market. It's an app that'll let you draw characters on the screen to search your contacts. It MIGHT filter faster than scrolling thru all of the contacts with the regular method.... I don't know, just an idea.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That is amazing. I haven't met that many people in my entire life journey. You must be really popular. I don't think that the Hero can accommodate that many contacts.

NewYorkLaw

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have approximately 4,000 on my phone right now and searching is noticeably sluggish at times, but not terribly so. I have been playing with "gesture," which was suggested by prometheus above, and it is faster. I don't know if it'll make any difference at your level, but you never know.
Pete

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bramhast