last two days with the EVO...

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As your aware the s3 will be coming to the states this thur. I've had all evos since since launch and really fell in love with the og EVO. The 3d was ok mostly an internal upgrade but when this initially showed up I was wowed from the get go. Over the last few weeks since I had my LTE I've come across many issues some can be fixed by root and some cannot like the multitasking issues or lack there of, HTC reload, lag etc. Some I can live with but the multitasking problem I cannot. So I had a few choices, wait for HTC to recognise and fix these issues and hope they get addressed or use my right of my 30 day return policy from bb and give the s3 a shot.
So this is what I'm gonna do. I will be parting with my LTE on thur and picking up the s3. My last Sammy was an instinct and well we know how that turned out. I'm somewhat familiar with touchwiz and know I prefer sense any day of the week but since I've been using nova launcher to replace the unusable HTC launcher why not get a more powerful phone in terms of RAM and use nova and maybe touchwiz. (probably not) sooo... I know I'm probably gonna get hung for posting this here but just curious if anyone else is doing this. I will be posting up the differences in the two along with pros and cons I've found. Gonna miss this phone but I know Sammy stepped up they're game in the s3. Hell they probably didn't even have to put that extra gig of RAM but they did and that says enough for me. Just hope next year HTC picks it up and really comes with something special for us the consumer instead of cutting corners.

Reactions: solo1

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a hard decision for sure. Its kind of like having to terminate your favorite employee for a misdeed -- even when you really don't want to, but you have to for the sake of the business -- or because YOUR BOSS ordered you to do so.

This is an uncomfortable position that I have found myself in on a few occasions -- including with this phone. The Best thing is to just to man up and do the deed. The Evo, My favorite line of Smartphones, has performance issues, and even though you hate to do it, you got to let it go, because you simply can't justify keeping an expensive device that slows down your productivity when you can have a better (not so great looking) device for the same price.

As for me, I decided to kee mine, because I realized that I have another upgrade available on my second line, which I am saving for later in the year (When hopefully, HTC will have fixed the issues with this phone.) I will use that upgrade for whatever beast that will be released later this year. I hear that LG has an S4 based QUAD CORE beast on the horizon for Sprint. I will be looking forward to it. Mean time, this Evo LTE will go to the girlfriend who is using my second line.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
If you decide that you made the wrong decision and want to go back to 4g LTE will Best Buys return policy allow you to do that... within your 30 days?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
If you decide that you made the wrong decision and want to go back to 4g LTE will Best Buys return policy allow you to do that... within your 30 days?

I asked best buy and they said only one exchange. Once you switch to the gs3, they will not let you revert back to the evo.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
good luck with your exchange. I for 1 could not do that because I would have the worst buyers remorse when I realize I've made the wrong decision.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm actually going to check the BB website to find literature that backs up what you were told. I've found that many employees just make up what they think should be the rules.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that I would be able to return my EVO and swap it for the s3. I asked when I pre ordered the s3 in detail and they said yes without a problem.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate your post. You are addressing my concerns.

I love my og EVO, still have it. Prior to the EVO, I had the Samsung Galaxy S from AT&T (Captivate). It didn't have a working gps, never did for another 9 months. I swore I wouldn't ever, never, buy another Samsung product again. They simply don't support their products like HTC does. However, it seems that HTC has been slipping in the past year?

Perhaps I'll wait this out to see what HTC does, but I'm itching for a new phone!!!

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Its your decision and most important your $! I can't blame anyone who would want to give s3 a go. Evo vs epic Evo. 3d vs s2 landslide s2! Evo Lte vs s3 we'll know soon enough. IMO this phone should've been released instead of 3d. S2 was such a great phone that s3 may not seem like a great leap forward like epic to s2. I think next round of updates we'll also be considering other phone manufactures LG motorolla maybe something from Sony. Isuck need not apply!

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your post. You are addressing my concerns.

I love my og EVO, still have it. Prior to the EVO, I had the Samsung Galaxy S from AT&T (Captivate). It didn't have a working gps, never did for another 9 months. I swore I wouldn't ever, never, buy another Samsung product again. They simply don't support their products like HTC does. However, it seems that HTC has been slipping in the past year?

Perhaps I'll wait this out to see what HTC does, but I'm itching for a new phone!!!

I still miss my og evo.. Ran it with go launcher for 2 years with no hiccups. What a great device that was! I actually miss 2.3...

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
What pains me is that HTC was so close in having the best phone out there! All they had to do is power it accordingly to how heavy sense is. To add even more to what's wrong to this phone is I'm having more and more data stoppage. My 3g gets lost time and time again. And no its not the network cause my gf's photon is having no issues at all. Isn't Sammy suppose to have these problems not HTC?? Just giving me more reason to give the s3 a try!!

Reactions: bigrey81

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link but doesn't really answer the question about returning a second phone... off to the BB website or in store tomorrow.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I went into a Best Buy store today and received an answer to my question about returning a second time. If I trade my EVO for the S3 I can technically return it up to 30 days from the EVOs original purchase date. So, since I have a launch day EVO I'd have about a day to make sure the S3 was the phone for me.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am right with the OP ... It's hard as hell to return my EVO but i have to see how the SIII performs ... I have business apps that reloads each and every time i go back into ... It's frustrating as hell when you are four our five steps into an app only to have to go through those same steps once you leave the app ... If it turns out that Sammy has problem i will weigh them out and go back to the LTE lesser of two evils.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a delay with the S3 also? I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw that preorders were most likely shipping from Sprint next week and in store availability would follow.