Last week for GB

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Last week for HTC to get out OTA-- for me it is hysterical. Everyone getting into the GB thing. I am more concerned about getting 4G in my area- I am in Long Island NY- Suffolk-
This phone works great right now.
You never know what a new OTA will bring
Thunderbolt is awesome. Love the ability to talk on phone and use internet.
End of discussion

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Last week for HTC to get out OTA-- for me it is hysterical. Everyone getting into the GB thing. I am more concerned about getting 4G in my area- I am in Long Island NY- Suffolk-
End of discussion

This is the last week for regulation time - next week starts over-time......or you could also call it delay of game. ;)

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of us know what the OTA will bring if it actually comes out on time. A pretty stable Gingerbread build with no working voicemail notifications!

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It will, VZ OTA the original incredible early in the month which is essentially the same phone as the thunderbolt minus LTE. And tmoro or tuesday the TB will get it

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It will, VZ OTA the original incredible early in the month which is essentially the same phone as the thunderbolt minus LTE. And tmoro or tuesday the TB will get it

And that LTE makes a HUGE difference. Most of what I read people are saying this latest leak is doubtful to be the OTA. So, like I said, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it will this week. HTC hasn't released it. I asked them when I had to talk to them. Not released yet. But who knows

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

r007

1337 Member
May 23, 2011
Visit site

The original incredible is not the same phone as the thunderbolt without LTE. The incredible 2 is basically the same as the thunderbolt minus LTE (though also has GSM).

Further, the original incredible update that was released at the beginning of the month has been causing lots of issues with those that have recieved it, and Verizon has even been issuing new phones to those with issues (sound like the Thunderbolt update earlier this year).

I am happy that they are taking some time to test Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt, better than getting a super buggy release.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Better late than crashy! I'm as eager as anyone to get my Google Talk video funk on, but I'll wait for a good and relatively bug-free release. If I was eager enough to accept unknown bugs, I'd be on one of the pre-releases. I, for one, appreciate the number of test builds that have been released and thank everyone out there who takes the time to load and test them.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will this week. HTC hasn't released it. I asked them when I had to talk to them. Not released yet. But who knows

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Not this week? O.K., I have to ask - does your calendar start on Sunday (today) or Monday (tomorrow)?

HTC said it would be out in September......but failed to say what year.

I don't think they can give a definitive answer, because I don't think they know how to get GB to work correctly (or perfect, or even decent ;) ) on the Thunderbolt. They may just give up and say, "Sorry folks no GB for you! Thanks for waiting.....by the way, have you seen our NEW phones?"

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
HTC does not determine Verizon's release schedule. So they can say what they like...but it doesn't make it any more or less true.

As we know, Verizon could care less what they claim, they do not bend to the will of cell manufacturers and never will. Verizon=HTC's customer. Verizon has no need or desire to comply with HTC on release dates.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
HTC does not determine Verizon's release schedule. So they can say what they like...but it doesn't make it any more or less true.

As we know, Verizon could care less what they claim, they do not bend to the will of cell manufacturers and never will. Verizon=HTC's customer. Verizon has no need or desire to comply with HTC on release dates.

well that's depressing news. but thanks for the info just the same.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
End of discussion

I have LTE and it rocks. I'm with you JAYBRO, don't need an update unless it's ready for prime time.

NO gps issues, NO network issues, NO call issues, over 100 apps installed and I reboot once a week just for the hell of it, the phone does not slow down at all as I open and close a couple of dozen apps a day for a week. I don't know where other users live, or if they got a bad phone, or what the heck they are doing with them but mine is pure stock OTA MR2 and with the exception of the occasional Force Close of apps I don't exactly trust implicitly the Thunderbolt is the closest thing to a laptop in my pocket as I can get.

Oh yeah, Verizon sent 2 Thunderbolts and 2 Bionics to my company's Telecom group to test since there is a possibility (this is a Fortune 100 company we are talking about) they will get rid of Blackberry and BES servers and go to Android devices. So far, in every stress test and speed test in real world usage the Thunderbolt is winning.

Not looking to start an argument, not looking to start a he said-she said gab fest, just telling it like it is. TBolt in Ft. Worth TX blows away Bionic in Ft. Worth TX. Better battery (believe it or not), better GPS, better call quality and better LTE radio. Granted, this is location based and not many apps are tweaked for dual core yet so I would expect the Bionic to move ahead in battery life eventually. Right now the Thunderbolt is still better than the Bionic at a wide variety of tasks that a large business considers necessary and these TBolts are running Froyo not Gingerbread yet.