LauncherPro errant after changing ROM

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I was running EB01 deox, deboat with LauncherPro. Removed the TWLauncher from system/app, and replaced it with LauncherPro apk. No problems, it was working fine.

I decided to flash to Ad's new 2.5x superclean, and I can't get LauncherPro to work correctly. First off it won't register -- I put my code in and it says it was accepted but after LP restart its still unregistered. Any changes I make in the settings immediately revert to what they were before.

I've tried removing/reinstalling LP, clearing the data/cache for the app. There must be some old garbage in there somewhere that's confusing it. When I upgraded to 2.5x I did a cache clear and delvik clear, but not data.

baker12203

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
the exact same thing happened to me a couple times before. i fixed it once by deleting dbdata/databases/com.fede.launcher in root explorer, but that didnt work after going to 2.5. i dont know how i got it working because i did so much reflashing, file editing and uninstalling

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
LP keeps files on the SD card as well, including your settings backups. It could be referencing those. I had consistent force closes on Froyo with the Fascinate using LP+. I gave up on it and am using the SC default launcher. It is very fast and clean, in my opinion. I miss the 5x5 layout and resizing widgets, but only that.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try doing a search in root explorer for fede and launcher and delete anything that has to do with LP, then reboot and try again.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
the exact same thing happened to me a couple times before. i fixed it once by deleting dbdata/databases/com.fede.launcher in root explorer, but that didnt work after going to 2.5. i dont know how i got it working because i did so much reflashing, file editing and uninstalling

killing the database folder did the trick. Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardnl