Leaked: [ROM]RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just another bugfix i wouldn't recommend doing it just in case the 1.16 version gets rooted and the exploit gets patched on 1.17.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Lol yeah its one of those things u don't want to happen but it does. Idk about the jan22 release but ill keep hoping its a 2.0. As for the rooting no one knows people have been payimg more attention to newer phones. I might just have to convince my mom to give me her droid:p

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Guys, when you link to ROM's in these forums, please provide a general description of what it does, where the ROM came from, and any disclaimers that might be associated with it. For example, the following information - in regards to this specific ROM update - from jmanley69 at XDA, is definitely worth noting:

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION!!!!!!

Before you apply this RUU... you MUST be cautious!!!

Once you install a new base RUU, you CANNOT run a previous one. So, you're stuck with the new version! period!

Also!!!!!!!! and most importantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is not an official release, then you may end up getting your phone stuck on this version until HTC releases an RUU for a NEWER version!

What I'm trying to say is that if you put this on your phone, and for whatever reason the next (or any future) OTA doesn't recognize this exact version number, you cannot download and apply the OTA. That means your phone will not be able to be upgraded without applying a new RUU (preferably an official release).

Let's say your phone has version 1.0 and MR1 was version 1.3. There is an official upgrade path from 1.0 -> 1.3 and that's supported by the OTA or the MR1 RUU.

Now, you've got 2.0. Let's say the official release is 2.2. Then there's an OTA released for 2.35. There would be an upgrade path from 2.2 -> 2.35 BUT NOT NECESSARILY FROM 2.0 -> 2.35.

I cannot guarantee that this would happen, but you must be aware of the risk before you run the RUU!

Since the question is bound to come up, it would also help to either link to or provide instructions on how to install the ROM update as well.

Thanks!

Cory

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL that was quick. It's not even at PCD yet. Whoever this came from, got it from Vzw as third party doesn't have access to it yet.

@Jeremy - it's signed with released keys from HTC. If it passes the check during install, that means it's legit and file hasn't been tampered with. No way to tell if this is the final version of the update, but everything about it says it came from HTC.

@everyone - don't be alarmed if you flash this and you lose protected apps in the market. That only means Google doesn't have things ready to accept the new fingerprint yet, not that something's wrong or you've been hacked.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I saw jmanley's warning but didn't understand that it wouldn't let me go back to MR1. But I'm not going to install it anyways i need my Gmail and maps!

Also we've seen leaked pics of 2.1 with sense doesn't this mean we'll have it soon?

@gbhil - Whats PCD?

Last edited:

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Next question is - has anyone had the set to run it with any measure of success??? If so, are there any marked improvements?

On any favorable reply, I may just go ahead and grow a set to do this update!

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Official?

So this exact file is now available on PCD making it mostly official since verizon hosts their upgrades on this site: 1.705.605.1 update

BY THE WAY THIS DELETES EVERYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE BACKUP FIRST

They have it listed as the MR2 does this mean we're not getting 2.0 this month? I friggin need Google Maps!! I guess I'll just stick it out on telenav:(.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
So this exact file is now available on PCD making it mostly official since verizon hosts their upgrades on this site: 1.705.605.1 update

BY THE WAY THIS DELETES EVERYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE BACKUP FIRST

They have it listed as the MR2 does this mean we're not getting 2.0 this month? I friggin need Google Maps!! I guess I'll just stick it out on telenav:(.

Yes it's official. And yes it's not 2.1

My understanding of the 2.x update path from HTC for gen2 devices -
Jan '10 - Google releases source code for 2.1
1Q '10 - HTC releases 2.1 for GSM Hero to carriers
1H '10 - HTC releases 2.1 for CDMA Hero to carriers
1H '10 - HTC releases 2.1 for Desire to carriers

IMO expect it a few weeks to a month after the GSM Hero update is released.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
will this be pushed out OTA like the last update? Or do we need to go to the link above and download it?

That's up to Vzw. I imagine they will, because the phones at CS would go haywire if everyone had to lose all their data to upgrade :)

I wouldn't download and run it until Verizon releases an official statement. If there are any changes to the cellular programming or the market they are likely to not work until Verizon makes it official.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i made the jump and tried it out. so far it is running great. I swear my signal has increased and battery is slightly better. I downloaded the mr2 from phandroid.com.

Renocat

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This was pushed out to my phone this morning by VZW. Why did someone above say this erased everything on your phone? nothing was erased on mine

Tux#AC

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You took the statement out of context, he said if you updated with that file it will. OTA updates do not erase anything on the phone, but if you flash it on it does.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm expecting a new Eris tomorrow as a replacement for the one I purchased in late november (problems with hardware) but did the manual MR2 update just to see what it would do. Things seem a bit snappier. The Vzw rep told me she wasn't sure which maintenance version it would be shipped with but I will check its version and load MR2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084