Leather back on Moto X Pure after 6 months

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Moto X Pure edition for just over 6 months now I can't believe how much the leather on the back has changed. I love it. It looks like a totally different phone.

This first pic is the day I received the phone. The second pic is how it looks now.
motoxpure1.jpg
motoxpure2.jpg

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That is amazing how much it has changed in such a short amount of time. I wonder if that will be how it looks in anther 6 months. I can't imagine it getting any darker than that. Can you still see your engraving?

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
That is amazing how much it has changed in such a short amount of time. I wonder if that will be how it looks in anther 6 months. I can't imagine it getting any darker than that. Can you still see your engraving?

Actually, you can still see the engraving. I guess the flash from my wife's camera and the with the angle I'm holding it makes the engraving disappear. It will be interesting to see what it looks like a year from now for sure. I can't wait!!!

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Scott, what caused this major change in color?

I'm guessing just the natural oils from my hands. And believe me, I wash my hands numerous times throughout the day because I work in the health field and I have a 5 month old baby at home, so I know my hands aren't extremely dirty. This is my only phone so I use it all the time. Last years Moto X with the leather back really showed some nice wear after a while from pictures I've seen, but this one has really transformed into something totally different than the original. I love how it's turned out.

Onstedd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine with the same "natural" leather - it's darkened and aged well as well. Not quite as dark as yours, possibly because I've been using a mink oil preservative on it. (If it works on my overpriced shoes, I figure it'll work on my phone!).

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine with the same "natural" leather - it's darkened and aged well as well. Not quite as dark as yours, possibly because I've been using a mink oil preservative on it. (If it works on my overpriced shoes, I figure it'll work on my phone!).

Yeah, I'd say that would probably work for sure. Actually, mine has the cognac leather and that may be why it's a touch darker. It definitely looks like the natural in the pic, but I'm thinking that the flash from the camera may have caused it to look brighter.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
That's quite the change in color. Pretty cool actually.

Although not related to the OP, I've always wondered if the water resistant nano-coating on these phones eventually wear over time.