Leave of Absense

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll be leaving temporarily to get the device tree and kernel and stuff together before continuing any of my releases. A small group of Viper users has banded together to continue my work until I see that everything is fixed up and ready to go, then I will make my return. Hezx as well as wolfygang, n0ve, tommy, and some others is working hard to create some roms for the device and some custom kernels. I'll be poking my head in here at times if people need help, or anything.

The device tree is available at: https://github.com/ProjectPanda/android_device_lge_ls840 and the kernel is here: https://github.com/ProjectPanda/android_kernel_lge_ls840 . Whoever wishes to push some code changes can contact me via PM.

I'll gladly hand over anything pertaining to ProjectPanda as well as the domain name and build server, and the GitHub to anyone who wishes to continue the project for the LG Viper, as well as other devices that I have started the project for, (Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch, LG Optimus S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sprint and Verizon variant) .

THIS IS GOODBYE...FOR NOW. : P

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
But I hate touchwiz. If I switched, I'd go for an Optimus G, or an HTC one X

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

TouchWiz UX Nature is great. They updated it on the Galaxy 2 so it looks like I'm using the GS3 . And they updated us to 4.1.2, but I have a feeling that we're getting 4.2 and that will be the last maintenance update for my device.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz UX Nature is great. They updated it on the Galaxy 2 so it looks like I'm using the GS3 . And they updated us to 4.1.2, but I have a feeling that we're getting 4.2 and that will be the last maintenance update for my device.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Im sure ill be on 4.2 soon, just as soon as someone makes a build lol

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Im sure ill be on 4.2 soon, just as soon as someone makes a build lol

Running my own personal build as of earlier on my Epic 4G Touch . :)

PS: I went to meet someone, because I found them on Craigslist and they was selling their GS3 for 100, and I realized that I left $70 in my desk at work. I went back to go get it, and it was gone. I need to buy a lock for my desk. -.-

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Running my own personal build as of earlier on my Epic 4G Touch . :)

PS: I went to meet someone, because I found them on Craigslist and they was selling their GS3 for 100, and I realized that I left $70 in my desk at work. I went back to go get it, and it was gone. I need to buy a lock for my desk. -.-

Thats just terrible. Should have gone to the bank and got more money out and bought the s3 lol.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Nigel I wish I weren't so busy recently and gone through so much, BC I really wish we had a chance to work together... don't let that ignorant clown bother you... he should have USB debugging perma disabled while he plays angry birds all day. I will have some free time very soon, gonna put some work into this device not giving up just yet. Thanks for everything man much appreciated.. hope to see you back soon.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I almost did today. But I was $20 short at radioshack. This was a sad day
I managed two radioshack's for about 5 years, was great, new phone every 90 days....Sprint, Verizon, and at the time Cingular, $10 / month unlimited everything no contract, ...and, w/ the RadioShack Credit, $199+ = 90 days no payment no interest....I bought/returned myself a new phone for each of the carriers every 89 days ;P ,i miss that job.
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2