LED Notifications

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What is the best app to change the LED notifications on the Note 4? I have tried a couple and they don't seem to work right. Thanks in advance.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
ok thanks. I downloaded the free version and it works, but I would like to be able to customize for Facebook notifications and such as well but the full version didn't seem to work as well as the lite one. Maybe I will wait a couple weeks and see if that changes things.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not what you want, but you could try NoLED. I looooved it when I had my S2 since it didn't have a notification LED. It doesn't use the LED on your phone to notify you, but rather uses the app's badge and unread notification count on the screen. Since the Note 4 uses AMOLED, whatever is black uses nearly no power, so this is a very battery-efficient app. And the result is, IMHO, very cool. You get a much better view of your notifications, and you can set it to stop displaying them after a while if you didn't see them, stuff like that.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I used NoLED on my S1 and the feature I really liked about it is you could use different colors for different notifications (i.e. missed calls, emails, texts). I didn't realize it could still be used. Thanks for the heads up because I think it's far more useful than the stock LED with the same color for every notification. Are you using it on your N4?

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I might give it a try. I to be able to have a different color for different aps so I know if its something I need to respond to right away. Thanks for the help :)

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
How can I turn off the blinking red led notification when battery is low? The S5 has an option for this on the LED indicator settings. Can't find it on the Note 4.

On the S5 the option says: Low Battery. The red LED blinks when the battery power is low while the screen is off.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was actually able to get the paid Lightflow program to work. Just had to play with it a little while and tweak some things. Works great. Now my LED's light up different for different things. :) Thanks for the suggestions.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
On day 2 of using the NoLED the larger icons I selected have switched to the tiny default boxes and I can't change them back. I think I'll try Lightflow.

Tried Light Flow and even though I had sound notifications turned off in it my phone was giving an incoming email sound notification every 10 minutes or so without any incoming emails. So I uninstalled it. Will try Light Manager tomorrow.

Last edited: