left half of screen is snow

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me a few weeks ago but went away when I rebooted a few times...

It happened again three days ago...I did a factory reset and still had the issue.

I called ZTE support and they had me try the android recovery (volume up and power) and the left half was still snow...I was going to do the $79 advanced return but I forgot I could 'borrow' my girfriend's old note 4 (she just got S7) and as soon as she dropped it off last night, the phone started working again...

Pretty sure it is just a matter of time before it happens again...will call the standard warranty number and see what happens...

IMG_0059_1.jpg

in googling this issue, it looks like a few others have had the same issue but don't appear to be very widespread though...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That usually means the display connector/driver is either faulty or loose. Since you mention that dropping it fixes things, I'd say something in the display panel is loose and when force is applied, it moves around and connects again (but can, just as easily, disconnect for that matter).

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That usually means the display connector/driver is either faulty or loose. Since you mention that dropping it fixes things, I'd say something in the display panel is loose and when force is applied, it moves around and connects again (but can, just as easily, disconnect for that matter).

I meant when my g/f dropped off the note 4 for me to use it, the Axon 7 started working again...the Axon 7 itself hasn't been dropped... :)

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
finally got around to mailing in the phone back to Axon's repair center...The address is literally 10 minutes away from my house...I drove by to see if I could drop it off but there really isn't a front desk to talk to anyone so I just took it the post office...it should be there in 2 days...

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
coming from the samsungs (note 4 and edge 6 plus) before the Axon, I guess I did miss some on the samsung features now that I am back on the Note 4 for now...wish there was a way to take the best of the samsungs and merge it with the best of the axon 7...

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
just got my phone back today...updated to Nougat and then did factory reset and have started reloading my apps...so far so good...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19