LG G3 Car Mount - With USB / AUX Splitter?

mattzumdahl

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Finally getting around to upgrading from an old Motorola Droid 4 (I know...) and think I have decided on the G3.

My one question is this: Are there any official car mounts from LG, or 3rd party mounts, that have the ability to split the charger and auxiliary input? I currently have the official Motorola Droid 4 mount, and it's best feature is the ability to add/remove the phone from the mount without having to plug in any USB or AUX cords. The (single) cord stays in the mount permanently, and also then splits to a cord with a USB (for charging) and a 3.5mm so it is plugged into the car's AUX input as well.

It works great, and would be sorely missed if there was nothing comparable. If nothing for a G3, are there mounts with this feature for the S5 or other phones? It may be enough to sway me in a particular direction away from the G3.

Thanks!
Matt

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They make wraps so you can wrap the cords together and just plug the phone into a car mount and plug the ends into appropriate jacks. Look in big box stores, department stores, office supply stores, even auto supply stores. (Walmart may even carry one or two types near where they have their extension cords - it's that kind of hardware item - to neaten up cables.)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe the G3 supports this. I use a car mount with Qi charging built in and a Bluetooth dongle connected to my car's aux-in port, so have no wires to connect at all. There is a G3 mount that's compatible with the ProClip systems that includes the micro-USB charging connector, but not an audio split.

iBolt makes docks like you describe for the S3 and S4, but says Samsung has removed the capability to split audio out from the USB port in the S5:

iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 & Note 3 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL Cases and extended Batteries.

It's frustrating. You expect manufacturers to ADD capabilities with new devices, not remove them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed