LG G3 lollipop problems

Andy Taylor1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Just installed the new software and I love it! Does anyone know how to have it though so when you tap a notification on the lockscreen you open it directly, rather than having to swipe after you tap it?

Also has anyone noticed the wireless charging no longer works?

Thanks
Theador

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the new notifications so have turned it off. Wireless charging still fine for me with the lg folding cradle and quick circle case.

bunju

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd really like to know about the lock screen notifications also. Tried it on the nexus 4 you can open the notification by double tapping the notification on lock screen, can't get it to work on my Lg G3 ....??

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue twice now where my LG stock home screen crashed... Trying Google Now launcher now.

Posted via the Android Central App

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I think battery life has taken a bit of a hit, and the lock screen judders a little if you're using the Quick Circle case, but other than that it seems all good. Definitely less leg than before. Annoyed they haven't included the new design on screen buttons, I don't get why they left that out.

GaryRSK

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'd fixed the lag issues on KitKat by changing to ART, but Lollipop has made it worse again! Terrible lag on homescreens, and also overheating issues.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^It might be worth backing everything up and Factory Resetting, ghastly business though that is.

TIM Hughes1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah very disppointed with lollipop. Phone is laggiest its ever been. Silence mode is useless. Battery drain is crazy usually by this point in the day I'm at 50% but currently sitting at 17% gonna factory restore but clearly lollipop was not ready to be rolled out by lg.

TIM Hughes1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Phone is definately running better no lag and everything seems a lot faster. I would recommend the restore if anyone is having any problems.

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I asked a question on a recent AC podcast - "do you recommend a factory reset after a major software upgrade". The answer from the guys was a unanimous YES.

I always factory reset my three android devices after software upgrades and it works for me. All my settings and apps are backed up on the Google servers, so it doesn't take long to get everything back and running.

Posted via my G3

vgs21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Users mode in new version is worst. It doesn't let us restrict the app access to the guest unlike "Guest mode" in KITKAT version where we could select the apps to be given access to the guest. Google says on Nexus you can create users with restricted profiles but I guess LG engineers seem to have forgotten the restricted mode.

Darkdeckard

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Let's wait for 5.0.2 that will be launched by February. I think LG would forget 5.0.1 and launch directly 5.0.2. I didn't have noticed so much changes, but it´s true that returning to home Screen is a little bit slower than Kit-Kat. Tell us about you factory reset results

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing the factory reset as my battery drain is bad now and although in general use lag is better sometimes chrome hangs for ages before opening it closing and same with camera and gallery apps

What's easiest way to back up and restore?

I ask as I have android devices that use the same gmail account. (sharing purchases, contacts etc)

I had to factory reset my n4 a while back and when it started up it automatically downloaded the apps my kids have on one of their tablets.

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I just did a factory reset and the phone is running absolutely great, no lag, and surprisingly battery life is better not sure if placebo but will experiment for a few days. Anyway i did a backup with the lg backup from settings and all is well. Also anyone that does a reset you might want to screenshot your homescreens and apps as to better remember your layout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf