Lg g3 saving photos twice

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So when i take a picture, and then send it on hangouts, it saves it again, so i end of with 2 of the same picture, and it's really annoying. Anyone know how to fix this? It does it in the "photos" app and the lg "gallery" app..

Posted via LG G3

Attachments

• 22423.jpg
    22423.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So when i take a picture, and then send it on hangouts, it saves it again, so i end of with 2 of the same picture, and it's really annoying. Anyone know how to fix this? It does it in the "photos" app and the lg "gallery" app..

Posted via LG G3

Does the same with me when i send a pic via Whatsapp, however it puts it in a folder titled Whatsapp. Not sure that hangouts creates a folder for sent and received pictures, so it probably just dumps it in the same folder. Can see how this could be annoying.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Does the same with me when i send a pic via Whatsapp, however it puts it in a folder titled Whatsapp. Not sure that hangouts creates a folder for sent and received pictures, so it probably just dumps it in the same folder. Can see how this could be annoying.

It doesn't create another folder for hangouts, but it does when i use Kik and it is very annoying. I have 2 of almost every picture..

Posted via LG G3

lucids

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
On the PC create a blank text file with notepad. Make sure you have file extensions visible in folder options on your PC. Then rename the text file to ".nomedia" without the exclamation marks. There is a dot before the word nomedia. Then find the folder on your phone where the duplicates are kept and copy the nomedia file into there. Switch the phone off then on or refresh the gallery. Hopefully it may work and the media scanner won't show the files in the gallery anymore. Not sure how it will affect any app that uses that folder though.