LG G3 with Android 6.0 dual view: lack of Google chrome?

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I recently downloaded 6.0 to my phone and was looking to go on YouTube with my Chrome browser opened when lo and behold, that option is no longer available. It has now been replaced by Messaging and several Play apps that will never be used. Is there any way to get Chrome back as an option on dual view? Or will I have to get rid of the update?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the LG G3, or the Optimus L3? The G3 has an official 6.0 update, but not the Optimus L3, so if you're talking about the latter, did you root it and install a custom ROM?

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have the LG L3. I've had it since January 2015 if that helps things. I didn't mind some of the update fearures, but I use the dual view with chrome and YouTube far more than I would ever use the new features and I want it back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned above, I don't believe the Optimus L3 has an official Marshmallow update. Did you root the phone and install a custom Marshmallow ROM?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that makes more sense.:) In the list of apps for Dual View, are you able to scroll, either horizontally or vertically?

BTW, I'm going to move this to the G3 forum, where you'll probably get better advice from actual G3 users.

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I can scroll up and down, but Chrome is nowhere to be found, when it was one of the first things I saw when activating the dual view before the update.

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I'm not saying I can't get onto Chrome from my phone, just that it's no longer an option for dual view and I was wondering if there was a way to get it back as such. Sorry for the confusion!

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Do you have 6.0 on your Android with Chrome showing up as a dual view option? I was also wondering if this problem was specific to my phone's update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm not saying I can't get onto Chrome from my phone, just that it's no longer an option for dual view and I was wondering if there was a way to get it back as such. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh yeah, I understand that. Just wanted to make sure Chrome hadn't been disabled for some reason!

I don't have a G3--just seeing if I can help troubleshoot! I like the idea of uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling, as suggested by ralfyguy.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If one has root one can set any and all apps to be selectable for dual view. It's a good thing: [APP] LG MultiWindow Mod | LG G Flex

You can also enable all apps in dual view with a simple text build prop edit, but it's nice to have a limited list that you want to be able to select quickly.

Does the official 6.0 update include Chrome? I'd be shocked if it wasn't a standard app for dual view. I still see no reason why they don't allow all apps because every app I've tried works. Just putting this here for informational purposes.

Naomialmaz

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
No, it was an option for dual view, but now it's not. I don't get why they removed such a useful feature. I could watch a video or answer a text message without the chrome page I was on resetting. This update was pretty pointless to me.

Mario Papworth

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Not a reply as such but I purchased an LG G3 D858HK 32gb online from HongKong great phone but...when is it going to get Android 6.0 I'm in United Kingdom anyone know?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not a reply as such but I purchased an LG G3 D858HK 32gb online from HongKong great phone but...when is it going to get Android 6.0 I'm in United Kingdom anyone know?

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central! Please create a new thread asking your question, since it isn't related to the question posed in the original post of this thread. Thanks!