LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Downloading now too. May be a while because WiFi is horrendous at work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear it. Did you do a factory reset upon updating to Marshmallow?

Nope. Just upgraded and went with it. So far only thing wrong is beyondpod complaining about the external SD card location. I'm looking into that now.

Question if anyone knows... Will MM now do hardware encryption if you decide to encrypt the phone? I heard that somewhere.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Snappier animation. Mostly just little setting changes. But one big one I noticed is when I tried to get into recovery mode earlier to see if they finally let us access the cache partition. Can't even get to factory reset now...all it shows is an IMEI identifier number and a barcode. Wow.

dump71

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness works better, biut still not sure if it's good enough to stick with.

Happy to see LG Access Lock still functional. New permission controls don't seem to allow control over "keep awake" as LG Access Lock does. New permission controls do allow access to some apps you couldn't change before with LG Access Lock, e.g., Amazon. Maximum control means having, and using, both.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to get to the hidden settings menu like on my two Nexus tabs but it doesn't seem to be enabled...
Also, are the new emoticons included? I don't see them with SwiftKey.

dump71

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey's update says 6.0.1 is needed for new emoticons. Our version is 6.0. Confusing since the OS update triggered a Swiftkey update.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why I thought we'd have the new emoticons. I don't even want to think about how long it will take to get 6.01 if we just now got 6.0. Oh well emoticons aren't the most important thing to worry about...

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
AT&T has started to roll out the Marshmallow update!!!

But I'm not using an AT&T sim card (I'm out of the united states) -_-. Can I get the update via LG Bridge? Or will my phone get the notification from AT&T anyway?

njr104

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone able to access the vaunted secret settings menu after the update. You are supposed to just press and hold settings but it didn't work for me

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this morning. My G4 810 is faster and touch screen is more responsive.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
@Lisandro You should. The server looks for a model number and an active SIM. Your model number is unique to ATT so it shouldn't matter whose SIM you have.