LG G4 charger makes a buzzing noise when plugged in?

Start1123

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It's faint, but whenever I plug my phone into the charger, the charger makes this high pitched buzzing/whistling noise. I checked with multiple outlets and it does it for each one. Is this normal and/or safe? I just don't want the charger not be fully charging my battery, and have my overall battery life be affected, and I want to know if it's a safety issue. Has this happened with anyone else? It's always done this too.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've got various chargers for different devices and one of them does make a high buzzing sound in use. Also, my Nexus 5 sometimes does it when charging - the phone itself, not the charger. I assume it's a bad soldered connection or something. If you're in any doubt, get another charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

dann127

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same thing. It's like a chirping. At first when I was chatting my phone I thought there was a cricket in my wall. I'm personally not worried about it but you can always try getting another charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a little coil in the charger, with a metallic core, in the charger. It sounds as if the core is slightly loose. Nothing that will cause a problem, just annoying.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It's faint, but whenever I plug my phone into the charger, the charger makes this high pitched buzzing/whistling noise. I checked with multiple outlets and it does it for each one. Is this normal and/or safe? I just don't want the charger not be fully charging my battery, and have my overall battery life be affected, and I want to know if it's a safety issue. Has this happened with anyone else? It's always done this too.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried using another charger?