LG G4 - looping round boot screen and app update after Marshmallow update, how can I get out of this?

A

AC Question

LG G4 - looping round boot screen and app update after Marshmallow update

The Marshmallow update itself seemed to complete and then my LG G4 started optimising apps. It did all of the 96 apps, then started "Android is starting - Optimising app 1 of 12 This may take longer depending on apps. Do not remove your battery during until complete". It now loops on this message, then "Android is starting" then the LG logo. I can't do a hard reboot (power button and down volume). I took the battery out, put it back in, and it started this all over again without me even powering on! The battery has gone completely flat, but even putting in a fully charged one make no difference

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get out of this?

many thanks
Carole

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G4 - looping round boot screen and app update after Marshmallow update

Bring the phone to your carrier (a corporate store, not an associate store) and ask them to reflash the update. It didn't flash properly. (It happens because Google refuses to use a method of flashing that's at least 25 years old that would prevent bad flashes - don't ask me why, if I could write one 25 years ago, their programmers could certainly write one now.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taatoodup