Visit site
I am intrested in the g4.

But with all the issues recently is it a worthwhile device still

I know the g5 is coming soon... But the pricing looks to be high

Posted via the Android Central App

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
If you buy right now a G4 is not going to be affected by the issue. Remember the only ones with the problem is with devices that serial numbers starts with 505, 506, 507, 508.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing... I am considering the LG V10 too as it seems to not have as many problems..

It's just so hard to tell though, isn't it? People often turn to forums/the internet when there is an issue, so what we see when trying to figure out what phone is good is a lot of problems and defects that the device has. Sure there are positive reviews and comments as well, but that only makes it even harder to figure out if the device is good or not...

I am also wondering about what the G5 will have to offer.. And after it comes out the price of the G4/V10 should fall as well..

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is....I've had the G4 new since December (November manufacturing date) and absolutely no issues. It's been flawless.

There's always a risk that you'll get a "lemon" when buying tech, but it appears LG are honoring their warranty for any issues. Can't ask for more than that, really.

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had one since day 1. Tmobile version. Knock on wood so far with problems. For the price it's an amazing phone. Unfortunately day one it was twice the price.

Posted via Android Central App

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I got an H815 very cheaply, and it's great. Nova Launcher went straight on to replace the rather ugly LG Android, so the only remnant of that remaining is the ugly passcode screen but I can live with it. Mine is an August build, so in theory it could have been hit with the bootloop problem but as of now I see no issues. It should be remembered that only a slice of the pre-Sept phones develop this issue, so chances are it'll be fine.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got an H815 very cheaply, and it's great. Nova Launcher went straight on to replace the rather ugly LG Android, so the only remnant of that remaining is the ugly passcode screen but I can live with it. Mine is an August build, so in theory it could have been hit with the bootloop problem but as of now I see no issues. It should be remembered that only a slice of the pre-Sept phones develop this issue, so chances are it'll be fine.

Good point. Not all pre-September phones are affected and most are not. But - back up all of your stuff - regardless of when the phone was manufactured. My guess is more G4's are lost, stolen, broken, etc than impacted by the boot loop problem.

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my G4 since september, I also replaced the launcher with Nova prime and for lock screen I installed the clean Master lock screen, and since the update with MM 6.0, the battery is lasting mutch longer.

I love this phone, very fast and good screen, for the price I could not ask better.

Posted via the Android Central App and my LG G4

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi there...I have the G4 H815 series 505 since day 1 and its running flawless....Best phone I have ever had...best choice...So happy about it 👍👍👍

Posted from my LG G4

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi there...I have the G4 H815 series 505 since day 1 and its running flawless....Best phone I have ever had...best choice...So happy about it 👍👍👍

Posted from my LG G4
Not all 505 LG G4 suffer from the issue... It just that apparently a few hundreds units out of thousands got the issue. Less than 8% of all G4 with the serial number.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I would avoid. Company can't be trusted and I'd be dubious about later phones too as they seemingly didn't even know what the problem was until recently. It's not really that good a phone either, software can be very clunky and battery life is a complete crapshoot.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine is a pre-September build, and I have no issue with it so far, bought it back in July. Fingers crossed!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, if we were to be unduly influenced by negative feedback about devices, we'd buy no devices at all, since they all have issues.

I've just checked my serial number....it's a 505-series, but I've had no problems, and have owned since early 2015.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I've got a G4 and am currently going through the issue having it repaired etc.

I'm bummed it's happened but LG are going to fix it one way or another for me, it's the same dealing with any big business.

I really really really love my G4 and I can't wait to have it back working again so I can fall in love with it all over again. I miss it.

The camera on it is astounding, it's really quick and the G4 is very light, thin, fast and powerful. You couldn't really ask for more.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You bring something awesome to the table; collyesta; and social scientists try to put this notion forward when analyzing research trends.

People tend to (and this is obviously not representative of "everyone") write or post about negative things; like devices or reviews of specific establishments. For instance, I've seen workplace attractions on Facebook and a lot of the reviews I've read are from "dissatisfied" customers... And yet, when someone has a good experience, they may not feel as inclined to let people know about it. The same could be true with devices: when you go to do research on a particular device, a lot of the things that may come up are negative reviews or the seemingly-rampant search results on forum pages of issues with the device... I came across this when I researched the G3 at times. However, if people are more likely to post about queries or issues with the device, we may ascertain that the device is fraught with problems; because we do not see as many positive reviews of the device/praise reports.

Just something I like to think about, and think is totally relevant for device forums and customer/guest reviews of different establishments.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
With many devices most complaints are software related like battery life is almost always software dependent. Then there are may complaints that are easily fixed in settings.

I get nervous about a device when the most common answer to a common problem is to return the device. Like the Galaxy s6 accelerometer burning out or the Note 5 bluetooth range dropping to a couple of feet. When I see many, many people with the same exact issue that is always and only cured by returning the device I stay away. That said, as you point out, the vast majority of users do not have a complaint requiring returning their device or it would be a huge news story.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no "issues". My battery life is crazy good, 4 hours SOT, a couple on the phone, tons of texts...35% at end of day. The phone is fast, camera is great. I did ditch the UI and installed Nova from the start, not interested in anybody's idea of how my phone should be set up.

...and it's a 505, so far so good. Only gripe is the phone is too big so hopefully it hangs in there until the smaller G5 (supposedly) or GS7 come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgie