LG G5 - How to change notification sounds for each app?

A

AC Question

Ok, this should be blatantly obvious, but it's not. I want my gMail notification to be one sound and my texts to be another. This was a piece of cake on my G2, but I've been struggling to figure this out with my G5. Settings for the gMail or messaging app do not have an option to change the notification sound. App settings under the general settings menu for the phone also doesn't let me change it. Please tell me I'm being an ***** because I can't imagine a phone this advanced would leave this out.

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Try this. Open Gmail - tap on the hamburger icon top left or swipe in from the left edge - select account - tap on 'inbox sound & vibrate' - tap on 'sound' and select one.

Also, you can set a different notification for any individual label/folder in 'manage labels'.

Katg82

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I use a different Notification Tone for every app. Always have. Why won't my new G5 allow me to change the tones from the Default? When I tap the Sound setting, it shows that it's the notification I want but doesn't actually change. Please help. I am missing messages bc I can't hear them come in. :mad:

angelcakes17

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I was able to find this setting for the Messaging app by going to the app its self, settings, notifications, notification sound. It has a short list of preprogrammed sounds. How do i browse for my custom audio file that I saved on the SD card?? There appears to be no option.

Schndman

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Angelcakes I tried that, worked for text messaging and FB but gmail and outlook email accounts under setting notification has no notification sound, does anyone know how to get a different sound for incoming email accounts, how fr
ustrating to do a simple task of giving a notification sound on the G5