LG G5 - my next purchase?

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm currently using a OnePlus 3 which I do really like....But I like to change he phones reasonably regularly (although needs to be affordable - mid range price). So the G5 is one of a few phones that I'm thinking about swapping too.
Compared to the OnePlus 3 I imagine I'd be getting a better screen and camera. I'd expect the performance of each phone to be similar.
Do you guys recommend the G5? What are its plus points and negatives?
Thanks for the help.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm currently using a OnePlus 3 which I do really like....But I like to change he phones reasonably regularly (although needs to be affordable - mid range price). So the G5 is one of a few phones that I'm thinking about swapping too.
Compared to the OnePlus 3 I imagine I'd be getting a better screen and camera. I'd expect the performance of each phone to be similar.
Do you guys recommend the G5? What are its plus points and negatives?
Thanks for the help.

Coming from an iPhone 7 I see no real world performance decreases. It's screen is bright, vivid and I'm outdoors atm and not having any issues with seeing the screen. The always on display is awesome and gives better notification support than the GS7 does. You know what notification it is without having to unlock the phone. The fingerprint scanner is super quick and very accurate. Software wise the UX is slick and better than previous LG phones. It's pretty close to stock Android. When you buy a G5, just make sure you set your home to have a separate app drawer. It's default home screen doesn't have one but can be changed in settings. It's a great phone, with a good camera especially the wide angle lense.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
What is it like to listen to music through headphones on the LG G5? Any good?
And what is a typical day for you in terms of battery and screen on time?
Thanks.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
What is it like to listen to music through headphones on the LG G5? Any good?
And what is a typical day for you in terms of battery and screen on time?
Thanks.

I can go all day on its 2800mHa battery. I'm pretty good at disabling battery draining features like email push and manually getting things instead of leaving sync on. Took it off the charger at 7am and its6pm and I'm at a little under 50 percent. I've been on it all day. Most of what I've read puts it at between 4-5 hours of screen on time. I have Bluetooth headphones and they are nice. LG has been doing g a good job with audio quality from the jack. Im not an audiophile but I'm sure it's good quality.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Love mine. I always prefer the Nexus experience but this phone beat out the 6p for me. Good size, great screen, great battery, insane camera. It's a functioning beast.

DizturbedOne

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm a bit of an audiophile and I use hifi ear buds with lossless files to great effect on my G5. It sounds much better than your average mp3 player or smartphone.

The screen however, coming from a Galaxy S4, is not great IMO. It's very bright and able to be used outdoors easily, which is great. But it has a noticeably cool color temperature, whites are bluish. And there is a lot of light leakage around the edges. It's also very power hungry compared to Samsung displays. I also experience slight burn in of my keyboard and white icons frequently. Burn in videos on YouTube at max brightness usually fixes it in 15 minutes or so at least.

On the flip side, I hate being connected to a cord, ever. So swapping batteries is worth it. Camera is great. Phone is fast. It's decently clean of bloatware and I like the dark theme a lot.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Go get it. Its super smooth with vivid screen, battery is not super impressive but overall this phone worth yoir money. Also its super slim with nice finishing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matheb708