[LG G6 Android 8] After watching a video in the gallery, goes back to main screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I've got the latest update of Android 8 to my LG G6 .
Now I get some strange behaviour:
I'm watching a video in the gallery. After the video, I want to go back to the gallery, to view other stuff. But, the back button sends me back to the main screen!
If I open the gallery again, I go back to the same video I watched.
Only by cleaning all running apps, I can get to the main gallery page again.
I don't see this issue when watching photos.

Any idea?!
It's super annoying :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When the video is done, does it just show a still of the last image? If you tap the screen, do you see an X or back arrow anywhere?

brdaniel12

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi, glad to be part of the community! :)

Yes, just shows the last image.
I have back arrow, Delete, share, and many other options in the 3 dots.
But clicking back on the screen, or the home touch back button, exits the Gallery app completely

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34097. How about if you go to Settings>Apps, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data? (Don't worry, clearing the data from the Gallery app doesn't delete your photos -- when you open Gallery again, it will rebuild its database in a few seconds from the photos saved to your storage.)

brdaniel12

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
OK, root cause found:
The default app for viewing videos was Google photos.
Apparently, after opening a video from the gallery and hitting back button, the Google Photos couldn't go back to the Gallery.
Once I changed the default video viewer to native Video app, I can easily go back to the list.

Thanks for the hint on clearing the cache, I started with cleaning the default apps and it resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny