LG Optimus Gingerbreak n00b

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure what Im doing..... Ive downloaded the Gingerbreak apk onto my computer and then connected my phone and started up the rooting process for my phone on my computer. Now somewhere Im reading that I was supposed to put Gingerbreak on my sd card and put it on my phone before opening gingerbreak. Now I have it "installing" on my computer at a rate my hair is growing, and I need to know how to get this dang thing onto my phone. The guy I read the instructions from said all I had to do was connect my phone and open the program. Well Im not sure it's supposed to take more than an hour and a half to load does it? AND how in the hell am I supposed get it onto my sd card? If that's what Im supposed to do? Im ALL mixed up!!! I know I know, laugh all you want, we were ALL a n00b at one time or another about SOMETHING! So have a heart and SOMEONE help me before I brick my phone!!! I cant seem to get any answers from anyone here. My email addy is theridge@gmail.com if someone can help...
Thanks SO much,

TheRidge o_0 :( :'(

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure what Im doing..... Ive downloaded the Gingerbreak apk onto my computer and then connected my phone and started up the rooting process for my phone on my computer. Now somewhere Im reading that I was supposed to put Gingerbreak on my sd card and put it on my phone before opening gingerbreak. Now I have it "installing" on my computer at a rate my hair is growing, and I need to know how to get this dang thing onto my phone. The guy I read the instructions from said all I had to do was connect my phone and open the program. Well Im not sure it's supposed to take more than an hour and a half to load does it? AND how in the hell am I supposed get it onto my sd card? If that's what Im supposed to do? Im ALL mixed up!!! I know I know, laugh all you want, we were ALL a n00b at one time or another about SOMETHING! So have a heart and SOMEONE help me before I brick my phone!!! I cant seem to get any answers from anyone here. My email addy is theridge@gmail.com if someone can help...
Thanks SO much,

TheRidge o_0 :( :'(

You don't have to use your computer to put it on your sdcard. Just use the Internet from on your phone to download it and install it. That's the way I did it because I didn't have a computer at the time.

Sent from my Optimus S 2.3.5 CM7 using Tapatalk

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Im still confused (big surprise). Do I put those programs on my SD card and then put it into my phone then do a reboot and sd install? Because I tried that and I got some blah blah and that there was nothing there and that install had been aborted... I guess the question Im trying to get at is, Do i put it on my sd card and then put the sd card into my phone? or do I put my sd card into my phone and leave it there and just try the one click thingy? Because Ive tried it that way NUMEROUS times over night and it just sits. It shouldnt take 4 hrs to do this should it? still :confused: as ever!!!
:( :confused: :-[ :-! :mad: :'(

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
1. Get online via ur phone. Download Gingerbreak.apk

2. Turn on debugging and allow unknown sources under settings>applications.

3. Locate the Gingerbreak.apk that you downloaded via phone... prob in SD>Download>Gingerbreak.apk

4. Install the apk.

5. Run the apk and allow when prompted.

6. Tada ur done. Should reboot and you now have superuser access...

I honestly dont know how to say it any easier than this...

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
1. Get online via ur phone. Download Gingerbreak.apk

2. Turn on debugging and allow unknown sources under settings>applications.

3. Locate the Gingerbreak.apk that you downloaded via phone... prob in SD>Download>Gingerbreak.apk

4. Install the apk.

5. Run the apk and allow when prompted.

6. Tada ur done. Should reboot and you now have superuser access...

I honestly dont know how to say it any easier than this...

Exactly what jondevere said lol ;)

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Im probably trying too hard on this Im sure. I feel like an idiot. I think Ive completely screwed up my phone. Im not sure when it's rooted. I think Ive done it, now Im "trying" to put rebornROM on it. And Im pretty sure im screwing this up too. I have SuperUser on my phone now but when I open it it just has empty colmns. So that's why I think Ive screwed things up... I dunno.:'( :confused:

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Im probably trying too hard on this Im sure. I feel like an idiot. I think Ive completely screwed up my phone. Im not sure when it's rooted. I think Ive done it, now Im "trying" to put rebornROM on it. And Im pretty sure im screwing this up too. I have SuperUser on my phone now but when I open it it just has empty colmns. So that's why I think Ive screwed things up... I dunno.:'( :confused:

You're fine! Lol it's empty because you don't have any applications installed that requires superuser access, like wifi tethering or titanium backup.

Sent from my Optimus S 2.3.5 CM7 using Tapatalk

CzarAlex

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same unit/model but mine just hangs and hangs at the "Rooting..." screen for GingerBreak v1.2

Like...hanging for over 30 min. Tried a few times. Same deal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC