lg optimus s root

Jandrade92

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
please some one help me with this process, ive rooted many phones and ive very capable and user friendly with linux, but i just want an easy click method, the gingerbreak method is easy, but i cant seem to get it to work, can someone please give me a step by step or guide me in the right direction?

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
please some one help me with this process, ive rooted many phones and ive very capable and user friendly with linux, but i just want an easy click method, the gingerbreak method is easy, but i cant seem to get it to work, can someone please give me a step by step or guide me in the right direction?
Try using the correct forum ;)

V30Alain

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Here you go, use the files i attached below or download from this LINK
First install vcredist_x86.exe, then dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe then open gingersnap. Make sure you already have the lg drivers installed otherwise get them HERE. Enable usb debugging on your phone then plug into computer then click root on gingersnap. When finished installin gyour phone will reboot and there you go! check to see if superuser was installed then you successfully rooted your phone. ENJOY
REPLY BACK IF THIS HELPED AND IF YOU SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED YOUR PHONE!
Thanks.

V30Alain

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry. i was completely unaware of the post before mines. basically i reposted the same thing =P sorry
credits to jcwxguy aka. the guy who posted before me!
Thanks!

hawks4ever8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
so i have a lg optimus s and every time i hit root on the gingersnap program it says my device is now rebooting, but it does not nothing happens, i have everything installed (i think, everything you said) if any one can help it would be awesome.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I used Gingerbreak on my Optimus V. So easy, I thought I did it wrong. There were no snags, such as getting caught in a boot loop. There were no horrifying moments at all. I'm beginning to think I got lucky.

Matts787

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
@v30alain

I did everything as you said and it isn't working. I installed all of the drivers and programs and when I run gingersnap it says that the operation was completed and my phone will reboot but it does not reboot. I then rebooted it myself and superuser wasn't installed. I ran gingersnap a few times before it finally said complete but it just stays on executing exploit. Am I doing something wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeanetteSchweim