• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues please let us know in this thread!

LG phone stopped making calls through Bluetooth chevy eguinox

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I would use voice on car Bluetooth and say a name to call and it would call. The last few days when I try this it says either you need to turn on web activities or I can't help you with that and hangs up. I have a 2012 chevy equinox and a LG phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell if it's the car system or the phone giving you that message? You can tell by the voice -- does it sound like the usual Google speaking voice, or the car system's voice?

L G4

May 21, 2018
I'm Not sure. This happens after I say Voice and it connects to my phone and I say Call name. and it used to call without any problems

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Has either the phone or the car had an update recently? That could make them incompatible. If that happens, one fix is to forget the pairing on both the car and the phone, then pair them again.

L G4

May 21, 2018
The phone has not updated and I don't know about the car. Have not had it the dealer. I tried unpairing and then pairing. still no luck, Thanks you for helping

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Ok, I might have found it. Open your Google app, tap Menu>Settings>Account & Privacy>Google Activity Controls, and make sure Web & App Activity is turned on.

L G4

May 21, 2018
I tried all those things. Nothing worked,The only way I can call on voice is say dial and then say number, If I say call name it doesn't work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
When using the phone outside the car, are you able to use an Ok Google command to call a name? I'm still trying to narrow the problem down to the phone vs the car system.

L G4

May 21, 2018
Well I tried what you said about the ok Google and now its working. I never used ok Google b4. But thank you so much for your help