LG Stylo 4 makes beeping sounds while screen is off!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My LG Stylo 4 will randomly start beeping ( the sound it would make when plugging in the charger cable) while the phone is in sleep mode. The phone will continue to beep every 5 to 10 seconds. When I wake up the phone there are no notifications. The only way I can make the phone stop beeping is to reboot. I have no idea what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Do you have NFC enabled? Is the phone touching anything magnetic, such as a credit card?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Has this beeping always occurred, or is it something that started happening recently?

If it's something new, have you gotten any new apps?

Does it persist in Safe Mode?

tsouthe

Mar 18, 2019
Visit site
I believe I can trace it back to latest LG software update in February.

I have no clue what causes the beeping to start. It happens randomly. I don't see how I will be able to solve by going into safe mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Android Central Question

My daughter has an LG Stylo 4 it keeps beeping sometimes it is random other when plugging in charg.

I have ensured all aops are closed. I have made sure to disable all notifications have made sure NPS is disabled along with any sharing capabilities. Yet the phone still continues to beeo every 10 seconds until it is rebooted and then randomly starts all over again. The phone has been brought in to Metro they refuse to exchange it and state the issue is with an app and do factory reset and issue starts all over again have not installed new apps just the ones that were on device before issue started. Is there a way to uninstall LG updates to see of that resolves issue?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: My daughter has an LG Stylo 4 it keeps beeping sometimes it is random other when plugging in ch

Place in Safe Mode to isolate the problem. If it is a 3rd party app, do a reset, but not restore. Good luck

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My daughter has an LG Stylo 4 it keeps beeping sometimes it is random other when plugging in ch

Welcome to Android Central! By "NPS," do you mean NFC?

Does the beep sound like a default notification tone, or is it completely different?

Brianna Blaustein

May 25, 2019
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! By "NPS," do you mean NFC?

Does the beep sound like a default notification tone, or is it completely different?

It sounds like when you plug the phone it but repetitively

Gregory Jackson2

May 25, 2019
Visit site
My LG Stylo 4 will randomly start beeping ( the sound it would make when plugging in the charger cable) while the phone is in sleep mode. The phone will continue to beep every 5 to 10 seconds. When I wake up the phone there are no notifications. The only way I can make the phone stop beeping is to reboot. I have no idea what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you found out anything just started about week ago seriously annoying

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Since it sounds like a charging notification and seems to be associated with charging I wonder if it isn't your plug/cable. With the phone on you might not notice it as much but with the phone off try charging it and watch it to see if the charging notification pops up again and again. If so it could be the connection of the cable may be bad and need replaced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't think you ever mentioned if you booted the phone into Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away, as suggested by methodman89.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site

It'd been so long I thought this was solved. To the OP, do what is already suggested.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It'd been so long I thought this was solved.

Hah, keep in mind that we get people replying to 4 year old threads here -- this one is only two weeks old!:p

Britany Willoughby

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Any luck with finding out whats causing the beeping? Ive been trying to figure mine out for a month now. Drives me crazy!!

Ive been having the same issue with my phone. It does the same thing. Wirhout any charging cable attached to it. Its doing it now. I have 83% battery life. No sharing capabilities on. But its only when my lock screen is on. While im using the phone it doesnt happen. Moment my acreen goes to sleep it starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beachbumz60

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site

My phone was doing the same thing. I did a hard reboot last night and has not done it since. Fingers crossed. Hold the power button than the volume down for 5 seconds. It should go into restart mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax