LG Tribute Dynasty getting nasty with external storage

Jamie Hughes4

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
My LG Tribute Dynasty (Android 7.1.2) has been having some serious problems with all storage except its 32gb internals, which is dwindling. First, when I move apps to it, they soon gray out and entirely dissapear, requiring that I reinstall them (Thank goodness for Google Play's library page!) and later on the phone stopped letting me copy, move, or modify ANYTHING on the SD card, including photos, music, and documents. When my storage location in the camera app is set to the SD card, the photos aren't saved at all, which caused me to miss some great photo opportunities. Now, in addition to that, when I plug in my OTG flash drive over microUSB, the phone FLIPS OUT and shuts itself down due to "overheating" even though the phone is absolutely cool to the touch. I looked up articles on adopting the sd card as internal storage, but my phone didn't show any options in storage settings for doing so. I am beginning to consider getting a new phone (Especially since the phone's charging port is showing signs of serious and premature wear) but I'd really like to know if there is a solution to this. My main feeling currently is to back up and format the sd card but I am always uneasy at such a drastic option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried other SD cards? If this only happens with the one SD card currently in the phone, it's likely that the card is corrupt or failing (which is not uncommon for SD cards). Keep in mind that the memory chips in SD cards are generally low quality (even from well known manufacturers), and are therefore inherently less reliable than onboard memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid