Liberty 1.5 double notifications

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting double notifications when I get a text message. I'm using the stock messaging app. I get the little Smiley guy then I get an envelope. Why am I getting double? The notification also doesn't clear when the message is checked if that helps

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting double notifications when I get a text message. I'm using the stock messaging app. I get the little Smiley guy then I get an envelope. Why am I getting double? The notification also doesn't clear when the message is checked if that helps

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Did you get this figured out?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Did you get this figured out?

Yeah. I did. Thanks Jedi. It was on my wife's X,the problem was go launcher. Here's the rundown. She had go launcher and go launcher Notifier app activated at the same time. When the app is activated, there's a # widget that will pop up on your icon. Much like lpp. So the system was notifying her...then the launcher app would notify as well. It was a learning experience for the both of us,and I'm sure for anyone else that decides to read this thread. Deleting the Notifier app took care of the prob. I'll find the exact name here in a few mins... the apps are go launcher ex and go launcher ex notification.

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
hmmm.... now see, I have the same issue while running Apex 1.3.1, and using Handcent MMS... I tried everything I could think of, and eventually just ended up living with it. Lol... there's got to be another app sending the notification then. Will keep digging.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
hmmm.... now see, I have the same issue while running Apex 1.3.1, and using Handcent MMS... I tried everything I could think of, and eventually just ended up living with it. Lol... there's got to be another app sending the notification then. Will keep digging.
Have you tried deleting handcent? See if the prob pops up again

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The problem has yet to leave me alone. Its happening again. Which worked the first time isn't working now. Anyone have a fix for this?

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just an update here... problem was squashed. If you run into this conundrum. Clear defaults for your launcher. Whatever it may be. It is NOT ROM specific

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte