Link to Windows not working fully

forestpct

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
Am trying to set up Link to Windows/Your Phone (on a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) to connect to Windows 10 Pro PC. Have run setup process and Your Phone is paired with the phone. Notifications, Messages, Photos and Calls using Your Phone all work but running Apps fails (although it did work briefly). "All Apps" section in Your Phone is populated with all the phone apps but when I try and run one, Your Phone attempts to load the app but then errors with the message "Connect to same Wi-Fi". The PC and phone are on the same network. I tried switching the PC from cable connection to router to Wi-Fi just to check that wasn't the problem but no change. Your Phone must have connected to the phone at some time in order to get a list of the phone's apps but cannot resolve the issue. Have tried deleting and re-establishing connection but no change. Any ideas?

Thanks

forestpct

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
I've tried all these but to no avail. I've used DEX as well (both with old S9 and with new S21 Ultra) and have no problems with it. Was hoping to get Your Phone/Link to Windows to work with S21 to avoid need for USB connection. Link for Windows is at latest version so it's a bit disconcerting to see the version stated as 1.21091.208.0-beta. Why still in beta if this is a built-in feature for the S21?

forestpct

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
After many attempts, I finally managed to get it working. Initial attempts (pairing to an Ethernet cable connected PC) got Notifications, Messages, Photos and Call management working but Phone Screen and App running failed with message "not on same Wi-Fi network".
Removed connection from Link to Windows (on phone), Your Phone (on PC) and unlink phone from Microsoft account, connected PC to router with Wi-Fi, rebuilt connection to phone and all working! Then managed to pair with a Surface Pro 3 (Wi-Fi connected to router) so can use on both computers. Does that mean PC must be on Wi-Fi for this to work - if so, it's not made clear in any documentation and it's an unbelievably bad limitation!

Spawnlives

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
From what i have read yes. Both or all devices has to be on the same wi-fi network.
I don't use use your phone or dex but looking through microsoft documentation it can be a bit vague on the wi-fi part.