Linking my contacts up with my FB friends, since 2.3.2 root...

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So since I got my new Gingerbread rom, I can't seem to just make my contact name and FB sync name the same and have them overlap/merge or whatever. Now, most of my contacts are separate from my synced FB contacts, and they won't merge, so now my contacts have no pics/emails/etc attached to them, and I find this lame. I guess I may have just gotten lucky and it just did it before, so now I have no idea how to force them together. Any help?... Or am I just missing something super simple and am making myself look :p

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This hasn't been working for me either on the CyanogenMod GB ROM either. It has only been syncing one person lately and that's my fiancee...lol

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Have you manually merged them or just tried it with facebook? I had to go into certain contacts and link them to their facebook contact info.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you manually link them?... I could on my sons Dinc, but no option I could find on my Droid...

And Google took out the auto sync feature in 2.3 I guess because they're having a spat with FB... FB won't let them pull info from FB accounts, but FB wants to pull info out of our Gmail/Google accounts... Google doesn't like being told no...

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is quite easy on stock android, it took me about 10 minutes to figure that out on my girlfriend's DInc and my parent's DXs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18